All Done, Cup, Money and Kitchen

 It's done!
Oops, maybe not
completely done.

I got the black tree up,
Had to put lights on 
the bottom, seems 
after one use, the bottom
roll has burn out. 
Course, could be a lose
bulb but I was not hunting 
it down. 

Oh yeah it needs ornaments too!
BUT
it is 
UP!
haha

What I was really going 
for was to say 
FINALLY, 
and I have never
been this late, 
my card is painted. 
Cutting it close for sure.

My friend, Pam, brought
me this cup home from 
the mountains for me
taking care of the cats.

I changed out my purse
and wallet yesterday before
heading to Amber's and
found eight bucks in
the one I was going to use.


Later, when I was getting
dressed I put on a pair
on paints I wore for 
a couple of hours, weeks
ago and found a 20
in the pocket!
I love days like that, 
but when I am prob
facing, I need to check
all my purses and wallets!

The day before Thanksgiving 
I noticed a puddle coming
out from under the car,
and that is never a good
sign. 

But, in a hurry I did not
think much of it
until yesterday on my
way to Amber's so I stopped
and smelled the puddle.
No smell. I wondered
if it was window cleaner.
On the way to Amber's, I noticed
that my heat seemed
to be blowing cooler.
Then it hit me, thinking
I now have a leak in 
the antifreeze. 

YIKES...
always something.

Saw this on FB..
and if I was a midcentury 
sort of person I would 
love to have this. 
I like the color on the walls.
I remember mom and dad
having a table like this when 
we moved here in 67. Not
crazy about the floor, reminds
me of school.
However, I LOVE the shelves
on the sides of the cabinets.
My granny had some like that
and I have always loved them.
But look....
open shelving before it 
was a thing!

Pretty sure that on those
open shelves is pink 
depression glass. 
I have mom's pink
depression glass. 

Have a great weekend,
Pam



Comments

Darla M Sands said…
Good on you for getting out your tree. That cup is cute. :D Hurry for found cash! As for that kitchen, I didn't think about the flooring until you mentioned school. That seems vaguely familiar to me, perhaps at my first school in Bucyrus, Ohio back in the seventies. Ha! Take care, my dear.
Marie Smith said…
My MIL used a similar table and tablecloth into the last decade.

Love those found stashes of cash in clothes, wallets and purses! I am thrilled with a found dollar!
Liz A. said…
That is why I always check old purses and pockets before getting rid of anything. You never know where you might have stashed some cash in the past and forgotten about it.
Christine said…
A very retro kitchen look.
We got our tree up too! Hey, cats are attracted to antifreeze and it will kill them. Put some cat litter on the spot to soak up anything that is left.
Ann said…
I have one tree done and the other is up but no decorations yet.
Always good to find money you didn't realize you had.
Rhodesia said…
Well done I have not got to thinking about Christmas yet! Only two of us so..... Have a good one, Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom