Doc Appts

 Wednesday morning started
with getting up and 
moving, no napping. 
I had two doc appts. 
This is me at 7:45 am
sitting at the first appt.


Later in the day this
was me sitting at
the second doc appt at
2 pm.

1st appt was with an 
osteoporosis doc.
I was told over a month
ago that my bone density 
test did not come back
on the good side of things!
Well, why not, lets just
add something new to 
the on going list.
The back is at osteoporosis
stage, but the hips are
still at the osteopenia stage.
However, in five yrs my
hip density has dropped
20 percent. 

Doc wants to start treatment
which is a once a yr
infusion.
But before doing this I 
had to see an
endocrinologist cause
apparently at some point
my blood worked showed
high calcium, and indicated 
my parathyroid was 
causing issues. 

Second doc appt., after reading
my test and talking with me
is convinced that the calcium/parathyroid
issue is nothing to worry with.
Due to gastric bypass surgery,
my parathyroid is over working
its self while
trying to keep my calcium 
levels normal. This requires
a change from calcium to
calcium citrate, and a dosage
change. 
YAY....

Problem, I really
 need to be more
careful with that falling. 
Can't afford issues of
hip bones broken or 
any of the bones for that
matter. 

Notice a shoe change
 from morning
to afternoon, thanks to the 
temp change outside!

Failed to mention
that between
appts I did the 
grocery store 
run.
I was WORN
out
and in bed by
eight.

Pam





Comments

Sandee said…
I'm not that far yet, but my bone density is not good either. Bugger.

Have a fabulous weekend, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
I'm sorry you've got still more issues. ~hugs~ And please, do be careful. Now I wish there was such a thing as wearable, 'breathable' bubble wrap. lol
Oh I will pray for you. I'm on 3rd year plan now with osteo in the hip. I take a pill once a week in the mornings with water. No coffee, no nothing and have to sit straight up for at least 30 minutes. I also have to take 2 calciums a day. One am and one pm. I was to be on a 2 year plan but density test showed no change for the better or worse so dr. decided to keep me on it another year. GRR! I do yoga weekly so hoping that will help too. It sure has helped me in other areas. Happy Weekend to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Liz A. said…
That sounds like it was a long day. Yikes. Take care.
Darla M Sands said…
Did my post get through? I've been having technical issues. Best wishes!
Ann said…
One doctor appointment is bad enough but 2 in one day.
I hope they come up with a good course of action for you. Keep us posted.
Jeanie said…
I'm not supposed to fall either, because of blood thinners -- and frankly, because I can't afford to break a bone. Good luck, Pam. It sounds frustrating, like something that must be dealt with but there are always consequences.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom