Crafty Birdhouse and The Up Do on the Table- Twice

 Trying to keep myself
moving and doing. 

I had this crafty 
bird house that I wanted
to do something with.

I painted the roof and 
the base, Covered the sides
with scrapbook paper.
Painted a wooden candle holder
and then I mounted them
together. 

I just need to work on 
where I folded
the paper in the 
openings to make that
cleaner. Thinking at
this point to just taking
a blade and cutting that 
away.

I am totally the worst
crafter at sharing what I 
do, well, more like sharing
pics of before pieces.
I had to go searching through
my blog to find a pic
of this library table.
BELOW



 This pic is of it next to 
my front door at my
old home. 

This is what I did to it
when I moved to my
childhood home.
I covered it with tongue and 
groom wood, stained it and 
applied it to the actual
table. 


I was using it as a bar
in my kitchen here at the 
new place. But it was not 
being used in there either so 
when I moved the living 
room around I placed
it behind the couch.
It works fine there but
I felt it was too wide.

I got a wild hair and took
the tongue and groove 
wood off and decided to 
paint the piece. 

I painted it an antique white and
applied a stenciled look.

I like it a lot. Course
I do realize that not
everyone has the same
taste as me, but....
All I have to do now, is on 
a warmer day, take the piece
out and spray paint the 
metal legs and the metal
piece under the painted part.

This piece is going to be 
a for sale piece. 
I don't have anywhere for it
so it needs to go. 
I could have just took it
off to Goodwill but I 
am tired of doing that 
when they get free stuff and 
resale it for the PRICES
they are asking these days. 
One reason for that is 
cause the HIGHER UPS
of Goodwill make
a good amount of money.
And, when you go in they
ask do you want to 
round up to the 
next dollar.
NOPE....
what does that round up go too,
training staff. 
Well, I might be wrong but
my thoughts are, if you hire them,
you should be able to pay
to train them.

Okay, off my soap box. 
Also, another reason not
to donate is it was a good
piece for me to craft with.
HAHA
There is always that!

Do you donate unused items
to Goodwill, or another
place? Do you ever give
an older piece a new look?

Pam




Comments

Sandee said…
I don't have a crafty bone in my body. I just didn't get that gene.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Ann said…
Both projects look great. I always forget to take before pictures.
I've taken stuff to Goodwill but lately I'm trying to find better places to donate to. The last time I donated a bunch of clothes I took them to a place that gives everything to veterans.
Marie Smith said…
Giving away works well here. I must have declined the gift of craftiness.
Christine said…
Nice work! I have donated to Goodwill. They give me a lot of coupons off future purchases too, i do find the odd things.
I do like that bird house, maybe Lily or Misty could bring in a bird to live in it.
Darla M Sands said…
I admire your craftiness. If you lived here and offered classes, I'd attend. :D And it goes beyond your wonderful paintings. Learning from you how to even select woodworking tools, then use them, and especially personalize pieces... Oh, my... And then there's your photography skills. Maybe you could entirely quit working outside the home and sell subscription online classes. That would be awesome.

~fingers crossed it's possible~

Best wishes, my dear.
Liz A. said…
Yeah, I have heard terrible things about Goodwill. It's so easy to donate to them, though. I need to find better organizations for that sort of thing. But I'm all for you making a profit off of your creative work. I like what you did with that table. I'm sure you can find a way to post it online and get someone to purchase it.
Jeanie said…
I haven't done a birdhouse in a long time. I like this one of yours. Goodwill is so easy -- they're close, they take about anything. But I'm not sure I like their business practices from a corporate point of view. It all depends on time. Sometimes I'd just rather give it away.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom