Darla and Comparing Pics, Dolly and Halloween

 Thank you Darla over
at
http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/
For your comment on my 
post about comparing 
pics.

Here is what Darla said~
As for those awesome images, for
 the first one I prefer the second, 
wider shot of the leaves. The difference 
between that other pair of images baffles me.
 I'm obsessing about it now but stopping short 
at copying and pasting to study them side
 by side. lol I look forward to how the
 results turn out. Best wishes!

The reason I brought this
up is because I myself
wanted to see what 
y'all thought about the 
difference...
HAHA
I guess not being 
a photographer it might
be hard to see what
I see.

But Darla just for you
I wish to explain.

This is the same order
in which I posted before.

This pic taken by a 
photographer that I 
have worked with 
at the venue several times.

First let me explain something
else. While there is a photographer
there and I am assisting at the 
venue, I do what I can to 
help said photographer 
in what they are shooting.
I say that cause when working
with a group, its nice to 
have a helped to spread the
dress, hold the flowers...etc.

Most times also, when the photographer
is shooting I play around with 
shots of my own, either
with my cell or my larger
camera if I take it.

I was playing with the leave/ring
shot while the photographer
was shooting. Upon seeing 
what I was doing she asked
could she borrow that
shot with her camera.

There again, the first pic
is hers.

Now looking at mine, not
with a professional camera
but with my cell.

For one, I darkened mine some and 
I closed in on the shot.
Great caught Darla. 

Next is a shot taken
also by the photographer.

If you look closely you 
will see that the grooms
shirt and the dress a tad bit
is blown out...
meaning really white. 

I took her shot and 
did some playing.
Why? Cause I don't like
the bright white blown
out look.
You can see more 
detail in the bottom
shot with my darkening
the pic. Also, it is a little
more noticeable that the 
bride is wearing a cream
color and not more white. 


I am just being picky. 
Sometimes its just how
you edit the pic. 

Now let me show you what
I played with ....
a pic from Tuesdays wedding.

Original cell shot.
In the next pic I 
took the color out
of Ole Blue and 
made it sepia.

I love playing around
sometimes. 

Now, update on the dating
front. Sort of strange, I 
think Tim was just reaching
out for friendship. We had not
seen each other in over a
month but Wed night we
had dinner. 
Fine with me cause
honesty, I don't have
much to give to a relationship..
I need to focus on me.
haha
selfish!

Over a week ago I learned
something really cool...
But first let me explain,
I sure am in an explaining 
mood....haha
Back a month or so ago
I posted that Dolly was
seen at an antique shop
in Mt Juliet. I love that
antique store she was in.
I go often. 
But, my thoughts were,
why would she drive from
Franklin (45 mins)
to Mt Juliet to go to 
an antique shop?

So back to what I learned
over a week ago....
Dolly also owns a 
home in Mt Juliet,
not 10 mins from where I used
to live. And actually three
doors down and across the 
street from a friend of mine...
pretty sure Steve don't know
she owns that place.

There are actually two homes
on that lake lot. Gated, and looks
like a Florida home with palm 
like trees and pink shutters. 
The larger home is in hubs
name but the smaller one is
in her name. 
DAMN!!!
I had NO clue.

Now what would be totally
cool would be if I 
attended Steve's Halloween
party this Sat and she walked
down dressed as Dolly!
haha...
However, I will not be attending
this yr. I have a wedding
and it will take too
long to get my makeup 
on after the evening
wedding. 

Speaking of which, 
what shall I be this yr.?
HAHA
I actually decided on that
last yr as I put on 
my cat makeup!
My lips are sealed for
now. Course pics will 
come later.
I will dress on Halloween 
either to sit at the end of the
drive and give put candy or
I have been invited to Emily's
hood (Emily from the venue) to 
come and play along in their
Halloween parade!
SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Do you dress for Halloween
to give out candy?
Go to a party?
Or just run around the hood?

Pam






 
 

Comments

Sandee said…
Love the wedding bands on the leaves and you already know I love those champagne glasses.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Liz A. said…
I like being able to edit photos because sometimes the colors don't come out quite right. I'm not planning on doing anything for Halloween. I might wear my witch headband, but that's about it.
Ann said…
I like the seeing the differences between the pictures. I really like the one that you put the background in sepia.
I hear you on not having much to give a relationship. I much prefer being selfish too.
I don't bother dressing up for Halloween or passing out candy. I'm a party pooper...lol
Darla M Sands said…
Wow! I really appreciate how you addressed my comments/questions. ~hugs~ I can see now the different balances of brightness. My pickiness is legendary, passed down from my mother. lol So that mindset is not new to me.

Kids gradually stopped trick-or-treating around here over the last few years but my brother is having a party I plan on attending. He is creative and talented like you. :) Thus, I am changing up from my usual laziness and designing a costume based on the 1982 movie 'Tron'. It started when I saw a wire basket in my downstairs storage area while waiting for the washing machine to fill.

I should take photos of the project in progress and the final result. Thanks for the constant inspiration, my dear. Be well!
I always like your photos and it's obvious you have fun with them!
Christine said…
Being friends is a lot less complicated isn't it? Thanks for letting us know.
Marie Smith said…
Your Hallowe’en sounds much more fun than mine. I’ll be home on the door.
Jeanie said…
Your earlier Halloween costume post inspired mine today! I almost always deepen the color on my pix. Sometimes brightness too, but they get better depth. I see that in yours. Very nice!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom