Haunted House

 Have you ever felt haunted?


Have you ever felt that you were not living in your home 
ALONE?

Have you ever heard a noise that sounded like something fell
in the other room, but it did not?

Have you ever seen someone out of the corner of your eye?

Have you ever felt a presence? 

I have. 
You see years ago, after my divorce
 I wanted a fresh start for
the kids and I. I put my house up for 
sale and found another one.
My first owner home was a one level 
with an amazing back 
yard, fenced in but I felt that it 
was more then I needed. 
The one I bought was two stories 

and I thought that would be
great cause when the kids did not 
keep their rooms clean, no one
would know as they came in the house. 

We were not there long before 
I started to feel like I was
not always in the room alone.
 Then came the sounds.

There was a squeak in the 
floor just inside my 
bedroom door, very hard to 
miss, get around
or jump over. So it was really 
strange when the kids
and I were in the living room 
and we would hear
that squeak going into my room. 
After a point I 
would yell, "get out of my room,
" and Amber would 
freak! She would say, "Mom, 
don't piss it off"!
haha

By this time I had realized 
whatever was there was
not there to hurt us. But I was not 
uncommon to have
things that were sitting back on a 
shelve, come falling off.
Amber's room was above the kitchen
 and Amber said
she would wake all the time to 
someone "cooking"
in the kitchen. 

It was also not uncommon for 
me to see someone
out the corner of my eye. That someone
 was a woman
in a long dress. She would be there,
 then she
will be gone. Amber once saw 
a little boy in 
period clothes, sitting in 
the hall outside
the bedroom, playing. 

We could be sitting in the living 
room watching 
tv or playing games when loud 
crashes would come
from kitchen, I would go in there 
but all would
be in the correct place. 

One day a guy I was dating was 
there, laying on the 
couch watching tv when 
the table clothe
under the TV moved like someone 
walked in front of it. He looked 
up and looked at me, 
"did you see that"? HAHA...

Cory was so young that 
he never mentioned
anything he felt or saw. 
But Amber did not like
going in Cory's room for 
some odd reason. 

At night when I laid in bed, 
to the door
I would sometimes hear
 someone come
in the room. I would turn 
thinking it was
one of the kids only to not see 
anyone. But Amber
totally freaked one night 
when she was in her
bed and felt someone sit 
down on the other
side of the bed. Amber
 looked over and saw
the indent in the mattress. 
 Amber would come
home from school and part 
it in the living
room, no way would she go 
upstairs till I 
got home. 

One of my biggest issues with 
my roommate was
the missing remote control. 
Yep, it would come 
up missing all the time. I 
would turn furniture
upside down looking for it. 
Then a couple
of days later, there it would be
 sitting on the 
table like it had been there all the time. 

Things got worse when the 
kids moved out.
Cory was 12 when he went to 
live with his
dad and Amber moved out. 
The noise seemed
to be all over the place and 
loud when I 
would start to bed at night. 
After a few nights
of trying to sleep, I sat up in
 the bed and 
said, "Hey, I understand you 
are looking out
over me, I know you mean know
 harm...but I have
to work in the morning and you 
make it hard for me 
to get to sleep. I really need you to stop 
this, please."
And with that, it stopped. 

She was still there,
 I could feel her but the 
movement and noise let up. 
I do not know the history of the 
land there. I do know however
 that the property
used to belong to 
Pres. Andrew Jackson. 
Being that I had a creek that 
traveled right down 
the side of my drive, 
I figure it might have
at some point been untamed landed. 
Maybe settlers, which would explain
the clothes Amber and I saw.
Could have been
Indian land or at least
a spot where they traveled
through, since just a
 hop, skip and jump
away from us was part 
of the Trail of Tears.

Who knows....but I have 
lived where I felt 
I was not alone.

Pam





Comments

Sandee said…
I haven't, but I believe there are things otherworldly out there. I believe.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Rhodesia said…
That is quite spooky. I do not think we are haunted but at night sometimes there are weird noises like something moving around upstairs. Up there are two offices and the one spare room......

Keep safe Diane
That's interesting, we just read a post from another blogger who bought an older home (on the historic registry) and it's supposed to be haunted too. We see spirits around all of the time.
Ann Thompson said…
I've never hard that kind of experience. I'm thinking that could get a little creepy
Liz A. said…
Eeek. Glad they seemed to be benevolent. I'm a bit jealous, though. I have never felt a presence anywhere, even places that were purported to be haunted.
CHERI said…
This is definitely strange, but if you say it happened I certainly believe you. I have never had this type of situation, but I will tell you that one night years after my daughter's death I heard her call me in the middle of the night. Some would say I was dreaming but I was awake when I heard her.
Darla M Sands said…
I've never experienced something that a trick of the eye wouldn't explain. However, my brother (currently undergoing open heart surgery) and his ex- (sad to say) wife believed their family home to be haunted. Be well, my dear.
Jeanie said…
What powerful experiences. I have felt a sense of presence, never a visual. I wish I could.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom