More Crafting - The End

 With  learning that I could paint every one got paintings as gifts, I see a theme here. Apparently as I do things or learn new things then I tend to share those with others! But after awhile, five years of classes which was more of a way to get together with others, my paintings were stacking up because I was painting just to be painting. So, I stopped doing oils. The things about oils is that brushes cost more, and paints cost more but I had these paintings sitting around and could not sell cause with the cost of what you put into them, you have to sell for a good amount. Not only is there the cost of paints and brushes it takes longer to do oils. You can't sit down and produce a painting in one day cause oils dry slower then acrylics do and with painting its a matter of painting the background and building on it but if you do that with oils you get a muddy mess. This is when I went back to acrylics but there again, I needed to pull back from the 16x20's and stick with smaller to prevent having a stack of those. But with painting and showing on FB I sold several things in acrylics and took on commission pieces. Here is something I painted just cause I thought they were cute. 

Then I got several request for these so I was painting to sell.
Next it was these.


I was having fun. 

Anyway, in between my oils and acrylics came photography. 
I have always had a camera. As a young married woman however it cost to have prints made so I stopped a lot of photographing. But later on in life came my first small digital camera and I feel in love with photography again. 

 


In 2008 I bought my first professional camera, a Nikon D40. I recently gave that to my grandson since it is still a good camera. He is doing great with his pics.
I was working with the TBI when I got this camera which I got for me as a hobby. But three months after playing with it a TBI agent from East TN saw some of my pics on my computer desktop. I was then hired to do my first wedding. 
That first professional camera cost me under 800 bucks but it paid for itself many times over. 
I acquired a D60 and a D200 through this time. Even though the 200 was a more professional and a bigger camera it was older and did not mix well with my newer lens so I basically stayed with my 40.
But as you know, if  you have been following me a while you know that once I sold my house I invested in the newer Nikon. A Nikon Z6. 

I am keeping my paintings and camera things but trying to weed other stuff out. 

Great camera, mirrorless and amazing. But I did not give under 800 for it......and I really need to be doing some photo sessions cause at this pace it will NEVER pay for itself but you know, I don't care. I used my other for 12 yrs, it was time.

D40


Z6
 

Then when I retired I bought a table saw so I could do some wood work. Don't get me wrong I have saws, I have a table saw that is not put together yet, a miter saw, jig saw and a scroll saw. I have my drill, a drill press, a sander and I have my Dremel tools I love. 
Just trying to get the garage together and set up for my liking. 

Now, I am into the porch signs!!!
Guess what folks are getting for Christmas!!
HAHA

Pam

 






Comments

Very cool paintings and your porch signs are really wonderful.
Jeanie said…
I'm doing lots of my own art for gifts this year, too. Not a shopping year for this girl!
Sandee said…
I got stuck with the barn and the silo. We had a barn and silo when I was a kid. Long ago.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to all the babes. ♥
Ann said…
I think it's great that you use your talents for gift giving. It's a win win situation for everyone.
Liz A. said…
Why must the new camera pay for itself? You bought it because you wanted it. You use it. It produces pictures you like. That's all that matters, really.
Rhodesia said…
You have good taste, I love my Nikon cameras. ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ Stay safe, we are back in lockdown again until mid-December!! Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom