No SLEEP, Commissioned Piece, Gift and Photo Project

 Hey all...

My fave time of year is around the corner....

Monday evening while writing this. The med madness sort continues. 

I took my stay awake meds on Sunday morning, it was nice after a couple of weeks to be able to not have to fight the needing to nap feeling. It actually is more then a needing to nap feeling, it is a feeling of being so tired that all of a sudden you can't move, can't keep your eyes open and all you have to do is lay down. Anyway, Sunday was great. I worked on a piece that had been commissioned by a friend, more on that later. 

Anyway, Sunday night rolled around, bed time rolled around and guess what? I could not sleep. Took a couple of Melatonin, laid down, still no sleep. After awhile, I got up and took a couple of Tylenol, still no sleep. Crashed finally at 9 am this morning, Monday. Slept all day. Did not take another stay awake pill today for fear of not being able to sleep tonight and having to be in at work on Tuesday. Awake for the first real time today and its 8:40 pm. Sleep will be easy even though I slept all day, I am ready to turn in now. 

So the only thing I can figure is that after a couple weeks of not having my meds it just did a number on my system. Can't handle that again. 

Moving on....I mentioned I was working on a commissioned piece. A friend from school is doing his whole house in 70's decor and he saw the below pic somewhere and wondered where he could get a piece like that. I was mentioned. Told him that was not my normal way of painting but let me see what I could produce and he could take or not take when I was done.



Anyway, mine is rougher, not near as finished and pretty looking but Jeff loves it. 


Going to work on some touch up on it and spray it to seal it, giving a slight shine. Jeff is picking up on Thursday. 

So what happens at your home when you can't sleep? Me~ I cleaned the kitchen, washed up some dishes, did my sweeping and mopped. From there I decided to paint. I have a friend in New Jersey that I have not seen in FOREVER....haha, let me break that down for you, 41 years. We have stayed in touch and talk two or three times a month. He had to have shoulder surgery last week and I had been wanting to paint something for him, so last night seemed a great time to do that.

Sal is a hunter so I just wanted to do something simple. 


I actually did this one of canvas board which is flat compared to a stretched canvas. Easier for mailing but either you set on a shelve or you have to frame it. With a stretched canvas that wraps around you really don't have to frame them. 
Anyway this will be a good surprise when Sal gets this. 

So when you do a simple painting after cleaning the kitchen when you can't sleep, what do you do from there????
PAINT some more of course!!!!
No pics to show you on this one cause, I started my Christmas card and you know I don't show those till folks start getting them in the mail. Reveal in that case will be awhile!
By the way, almost finished it also!!!
So that is what you do when you can't sleep. That and other stuff like surf PINTEREST, play on FB and read blogs. 

Work tomorrow which will have past by the time you read this cause tomorrow for me is Tuesday, reading this post for you will be later in the week. We are working on a project that might need some tweaking tomorrow. We have four folks that work for Photo Service. There is Theresa, friend and boss plus chief photographer over us. Dawn, photographer 2,  and our newest hire Randall who is a photographer 1. Randall came to us at the ripe old age of about 24...haha....right out of school. He came the first portion of March, worked one day, and the next day we were closed cause the tornado's came through and shut town down. I picked at him about him brining bad luck and we all laughed about that. Then all crap with the virus and shut down came so getting Randall in the office full time has been, well basically has not happened. But we were in the office one day last week so we could work on our project. Since the virus things have been off and we are trying to connect with our clients and other state departments by doing a video and sharing it all over the state digitally. We did our filming, Randall has done the editing and if we have anything that needs to be tweaked then will will do it tomorrow. Yep, I had a speaking part, have not seen it and I image it was strained and prob not good. I am no actress! I did however joke about not remembering my lines and I was not cut of for being an actress. 

9 pm...going to bed. 
Later...
Pam
By the way, this is what I want to make for my front porch...
Cute huh?
Or maybe this one...
Torn between both...

On the flip side (the actual flip side, the other side so I just FLIP it around) of it for Thanksgiving I was thinking of this one..

Pam










Comments

Love your art, that's darn 70s! I hope you get your sleep/awake sorted out.
Ann Thompson said…
I don't have much problem with sleeping other than frequently waking up.
Your paintings look great.
I like those porch signs too. I think I like the second better than the first
Sandee said…
I can sleep like a log so very easily. I'm a lucky one as my mother had bouts with sleepless nights.

Halloween is just around the corner. Love the signs.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to the pups. ♥
Liz A. said…
Well, at least you made use of your awake time. When I can't sleep. . . I don't have the can't sleep problem, actually. I used to, but it's been years. I would lie in bed and read or think.
I don't usually have problems with sleeping, I do hope you can get yours sorted ...
I like your paintings.

All the best Jan
Rhodesia said…
That painting for Jeff is fabulous. I know the feeling of no sleep it happens to me all the time. Have a good weekend Diane
Jeanie said…
The sleeping and waking thing -- that's really tough. I'm hoping you can get a good solution that works regularly and doesn't mess with a good sleeps schedule.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom