Weighing on my Mind, Painting

See the source image
(all pics from internet)

Had a lot weighing on my mind
lately. 

One thing started with my eye surgery.
Getting it approved and then not 
being able to have it done due to
the virus. Then from there when 
things started to look better here
in Nashville I decided to book it,
and that was before things started 
to look bad again. 
Image result for pic of eyes


Anyway, booking it weighed on 
my thoughts, you see all through
my years if I had to have surgery my
mom was always there to take me.
This time however she was not....
so it fell on my daughter to have to
take a day off work to do it. I had
issues asking her which was on me,
not on her. I generally never ask 
people to do things for me. 
Yep, I cried having to ask.

I knew she would but it was
another first in my life without
mom and I thought I was past 
those. 

Anyway, the Monday before
my Friday surgery Amber
got sick. Oh course I told
her it was not a big deal, I
would get someone to take me.
And in the back of my mind
I was considering canceling it.

My bestie Debbie, the one I 
would have went to moved
2 hours away last Oct. So next
in line would have been Theresa.
However T had to be with the 
Governor all day traveling.

Canceling was going to be it.
Then T called her other good
friend Liz and Liz said she 
could do it. That was so sweet
of her but I hate putting others
out. And since Liz and I are
not really that close I did not
want to go that way. But I 
agreed. 

On Thursday Amber said
she was feeling better and 
with a few shots of this....
Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Spray - Menthol & Eucalyptus

And a dose of this....
See the source image
Amber was prepared to take me.

What I did not say was I broke
down and cried when I thought
someone else would take me.
Then I cried again when I realized
Amber could do it. 

I know this probably sounds silly
to some but it was an emotional time
for me. I have had major surgery
before and never been this emotional. 

Anyway...that is just part of what has
been weighing on my mind. 
VIRUS, PROTEST, BLM, 
needing to work, needing to stop
shutting down and get things 
done....so much. Its been such
a crazy time for us all. 

Really did not think it was bothering
me that much till I started to notice
that I was clinching my jaws all
the time. Can't seem to stop it.....
Guessing its just a sign that
things are bothering me....

Okay...moving on ....
I told you before that my
son in law has been playing around
with paints. He was trying to paint
by video's of Bob Ross. I however
told him to STOP THAT!
I found him some cool video's 
on Pinterest to follow.
Here is his first one from
what I suggested.
No photo description available.
(pic from Amber)
Great job Will!

How has the events of this 
years affected you?
Have you ever thought to 
pull out some paints and play?

Pam




Comments

Darla M Sands said…
It's obvious talent runs in your family. ~nods~ And you have every right to be extra emotional. I stopped crying every day a while back but I didn't just lose my mom. ~hugs~ After weeks of ignoring my muse, I at least opened an old, complete story and having fun tweaking the words for about the one hundred billionth time. ~grin~ Be well, my dear, and be gentle with yourself.
Sandee said…
It's a stressful time for many. At least you realize you're on edge. That's the first step in altering your perceptions. I do it now and then too. It's a good thing. So much is out of our control and when we except that things are better. There are some out there that are locked into such fear. Not a healthy thing to do.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
It's hard to ask for help but sometimes ya just gotta do it. I'm certain you weren't putting anyone out, they'd help you no matter what. That's a cool painting!
Christine said…
Both art and blogging are very therapeautic! Help us to get it all out.
What a beautiful painting. Oh dear lady...I think we all just "break down" sometimes or at least have some emotional moments. Mine usually come when I least expect it. Bless your heart. It's crazy at even how years later something will trigger our emotions too. Praying all is well with you today dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Ann Thompson said…
Your son in law did a great job on his painting.
I can relate to not wanting to ask people for help. I have a very hard time with that. I also tend to get emotional over things that I never used to before
Liz A. said…
It's a rough time for all of us. And you lost your mom on top of all of that. Of course it's a lot. There's a reason why so many of us aren't doing much at all. Our bodies need rest.
Jeanie said…
I pull out my paints every day, almost!

I've adjusted to this pretty well. I'm not happy about it, but I am quite content with my days of quiet, reading, not having to run around or please people or feel obligated to do things I'd rather not but feel I should with others. It's a relief not to have to be around people all the time. Granted, it's easier this summer. But I don't mind the mask and the distancing. I do mind it a bit with the toddlers and not seeing them as much as I wish but I'd rather be with them when they are six or seven or older. But I'm not in a position of being unemployed or bills I can't pay and that makes a huge difference. For that I am tremendously grateful. I confess, if I had to be at the hospital I would have been terribly nervous.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom