Sleep Issues, Maple Bacon Cupcakes, Text Messages and Cheese Cakes

 I know that as we age (such a terrible word) our sleep habits change, but having a chronic illness can also upset the apple cart, or sleep pattern. Last week I could barely stay awake, and only by pushing myself till 8:30. However that all changed this week. Monday I could hardly stay away from the couch and from taking a nap, or two. But come bedtime, I could not even get tired enough to want to head to bed. It was well after 11:30 before I thought that tired was enough to lead me to bed. Well even then I still had issues. The last time I looked at the clock it was after 3 am. Clock would go off at 4:45, I was heading to work that Tuesday morning. Well that did not happen. 

I had yet another sleepless night Tuesday night. Last time I looked at the clock and it was well after one before I was able to sleep. I was up at 4:45, at work at 6:45. Its the end of the month and I had billing to do. I have more to do so I will be going in again tomorrow. Hoping that I can sleep tonight. I did buy some Melatonin today so if I need it tonight I will be taking that. 

Funny story though ~ on Monday night around 11 I sent my DIL a message on facebook with a link about maple flavored cupcakes with a piece of bacon stuck in the top....My son loves BACON.

My message to Britney just said, I bet Cory would love this and attached was the link and this pic.

⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛⛛

Maple Bacon Cupcakes are a deliciously sweet and salty treat. With pancake flavored cake and fluffy maple buttercream frosting, these made from scratch cupcakes are a must have dessert! #bacon #maple #cupcakes

(Now don't that look amazing?)

Britney's reply to me was Probably. Although he is pretty die hard chocolate lover when it comes to baked goods. I made him a bacon chocolate cake.

I then told her that sounded wonderful and that she was so good to him. I know he loves you I told her. Thank you for looking after my boy.

Britney~ I try. He's worth taking care of. Cory's says what are you doing up?

Before I can reply to Britney in reply to Cory's question I get a text from Cory. The text read like this ~ Go to bed Mother, its past your bedtime!

Britney says she is sorry but she thinks she got me in trouble....

Me~ I give you my permission to bop him on the head.

Text from Cory comes in then~

with these three emoijs

Image result for pic of emoji with head wrapped in bandageImage result for pic of emoji with head wrapped in bandageImage result for pic of emoji with head wrapped in bandage

Oh my boy is a mess!

Also, I get a call from my daughter every Monday, Tuesday, Wed. and Friday evening on her hour drive home from work. My kids make me feel so special. 

Speaking of Amber, shes been at the cheese cake making again.

Image may contain: dessert and food

Butterfinger Cheesecake.

Image may contain: food

She is making everyone a cheese cake for their bday. This one was for my SILs youngest son. Man...that looks amazing! I think I want a raspberry one with choc drizzled over the top. 

Scrolling back over this post I see a lot of delish sweets!! Would that make this a sort of sweet post?

Have you been baking anything yummy these days. Me, trying to swear it off for a bit. With my A1C being so low I sure don't want to change that with my sweet tooth.

Pam


Comments

Sandee said…
Sleep issues suck. I've been there and done that. Since I retired my sleep is much better. I think I was thinking about that needed doing at work.

Your kids are awesome. Lucky you.

Cupcake with bacon? I don't think so.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
There's something about a good cheesecake...oh yea, they're yummy, that's it!
Ann said…
I've been having trouble sleeping quite a bit lately. It's awful when you have to get up in the morning for work
Fun text conversations
Liz A. said…
I remember when I couldn't fall asleep at night. I should, it lasted probably 20 years of my life. (So glad I got that fixed.) Glad to hear you have Melatonin. It changed my life.
Jeanie said…
I hope the sleeping levels off. Nothing is more annoying than getting your sleep schedule off kilter.

I made a new cookie recipe last week. OK but probably won't make them again. Oh, and apple crisp! Gotta love apple crisp!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom