Replies to your Comments, A Moment, Meds

Christine over at https://cmlk79.blogspot.com/ and Darla over at http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/ 

mentioned the Blueberry Bomb cake that I made. Christine is was good. Matter of fact it is just so good that I will not be making it for awhile, I can't unless I give it all away! Darla dear, you never heard of that cake cause that is my invention. James at the wedding venue is the one that named it. 

BLUEBERRY BOMB!!!!!!

Dried California Blueberries, No Added Sugar, Sunrise Fresh Dried Fruit Co.

(pic from internet)

Brain over at  https://brianshomeblog.com/ commented that it looked like my daughter had some good little helpers in the kitchen. Brain they are the best helpers if they ever get in the mood to help. Most days they would rather be playing video games. 

Liz https://lawsofgravity.blogspot.com/ made the comment that she thought it was a good idea that I repurpose things and not toss them in the trash. I admit, I love doing it and making things out of other things, but I also don't like throwing out a butch of things. That is the reason Goodwill gets stuff, why I even post things of FB for sale or FREE. Plus I recycle, crap which reminds me I need to carry my recycling off, we don't have pick up for that and I have a stash in the garage. OOPS....maybe tomorrow! Oh and something new I have started, composting! Got a plastic bin, like Rubbermaid, drilled holes all around it and started tossing banana, orange, apple, cantaloupe, watermelon...stuff like that in there to compost it up.

Debbi over at http://debbisfrontporch.blogspot.com/ shared with me that her mom loved to watch Dancing with the Stars and wanted to know what my mom watched. Oh my gosh, she loved Bluebloods, 

See the source image

(pic from internet)

Hawaii Five 0 (new one), 

(pic from internet)

she loved watching movies and so hated when I would call right at the end of a movie! Course I was not watching said movie so I had no clue I was at the end of her show! HAHA...I do watch both those shows also. 

Speaking of mom, I have been doing a lot better but Saturday I had a little bit of a moment. I was headed out of the subdivision going to my paint party when I said in my head, I need to call mom and let her know I am heading to class. Yep, when ever I was headed out some place like that or to work at the venue I always let her know so that she knew if she called why I was not answering my phone. Yep, it hit me soon as the thought sipped out and I cried. I was driving so I turned off the tears as soon as I could. Strange thing was I mentioned it to my daughter via text and she sent me one that said, "Weird that you say that. I just texted Will this the other day."
I told Amber then that Granny was reaching out to us, maybe just checking up on us to be sure all was well.  Just strange that it took place within the same day of each other. 

Thanks to all that commented on the paintings we did in class. Two women mentioned that they would like to book parties. That would be great. I love doing them. However the next day I was sore, I don't sit while I teach, I walk around checking the work, moving from one table to the next. But all is well. Also, thanks to the ones that said if they lived closer they would book a party with me! That would be so cool. 

I have a cute little painting drawn off for me to paint, started it the other day but did not have the right colors I needed. I have them now so I need to march my rear to the den and do some painting. I also need to start back working on my Christmas gifts. I have a couple of things in the works that need to get finished. ALWAYS!!

Update on the Gabapentin - so far I am still just taking the 100 mg. I am waiting for this script to run out before I fill the new one, it is also for 100 mg, but I will take it twice a day instead of once so not to mess with the insurance company or have to go through a lot of issues, I will wait for the script to run out. NO ITCHING so far. That is a plus for sure. To help with the itching I do cover myself with lotion twice a day, that also helps. The good part of being back on the meds, even at just 100 mg is that the pain in my neck and upper shoulders does not bother me like it had for the past yr since the wreck. Its amazing.  With not having the shoulder and neck pain like I was I am not having daily headaches either and I have not been back to the chrio in over a month. I feel like a good snap, cracked, and popping would feel good for the rest of the back so I will make an apt soon. 

Image result for crack snap and pop
(pic from internet)

Do you go to the chiropractor? What about a masseuse?
I would love to find a masseuse to get a deep tissue massage. Course I know that the pain after would be rough but later it would feel great. Do  you know that when you are snapped, cracked and popped and when you have a massage you need to drink plenty of water to wash the toxin's from your body. Sort of rough when do one of those late in the day, cause I pretty much have to cut the water off early! Know what I mean? 
haha

Pam


Comments

Those were fun to read and yes, sometimes a sad hits you when you least expect it.
Christine said…
I don't mind a pedicure but don't enjoy massage.
Rhodesia said…
Interesting post. Sorry I am not keeping up the garden is producing too much and I am living in the kitchen! Stay safe, Diane
Ann said…
I love Blue Bloods. I've been binge watching it on Hulu. I started from the beginning and I"m working my way through to the current season
Liz A. said…
Sounds like you're keeping busy.
CHERI said…
I have never been to a chiropractor. I grew up being taught they were all quacks!!! Of course, I now know that isn't true (although we did have a rather quacky one in our hometown!!)
Darla M Sands said…
I'm with Rhodesia. ~grin~ There are cucumbers going to waste despite my efforts, too. Heh... I like your invention! :) And a paint party with you would be so much fun. ~hugs~ It's such a bittersweet experience that you and Amber shared. What a wonderful thought that your mom was reaching out. Take care, my dear.
Red Rose Alley said…
Isn't it strange how we get signs and just brief moments thinking of our loved ones who have passed? That was a nice experience you had as you were heading over to your paint class. I'm glad that you're feeling better, Pam. Being in pain for so long is hard to go through. Can you believe it's almost September? Oh man, where did the year go? Looking forward to Fall and cool weather. And the Fall projects you are working on. : )

~Sheri
Jeanie said…
I understand those moments about your mom, Pam. I still have them - 43 years later.

Until Covid I went to a massage therapist every two weeks for maybe the past nine or ten years. She goes deep. This isn't to relax me, it's to work out those nasty kinks, tight shoulders and hip/lower back issues. I miss her more than I can say. I'm hoping to go back, maybe less often, within a couple of months or whenever I feel safe. I will say, no one could be safer. She has a compromised immune system from a marrow transplant and I was one of the clients she would allow back because she knows I have been isolating for the past six months. I heartily recommend it.
I'm so behind with my blog reading, Pam, I've only just arrived to offer a big strong hug. Your mom sounds lovely.
Amalia
xo

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom