Another Treasure, Painter, and Painting

So temps in Nashville this
week are going to be hitting
the charts. For Wed (today)
they are saying actual temp
(not the feels like) will be hitting
100 plus. 

I have found that getting out
in the bright light and the 
heat does not feel good on 
my stitches so I will be staying
in yet another day (Monday).

Moving on~
I went through a couple
of small boxes that I pushed
into the corner of the 
living room. I felt I needed
to do something.

As going through those I
ran across this.
🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻
No photo description available.

When I was 17 I worked at The
Hermitage (home of Pres Andrew
Jackson) in the gift shop. I loved it.
That would be the first customer 
related type job I had. I worked with 
Mrs. Francis Cook, Irene Lane (boss),
Lucille Vantrease, Mary Sue (can't
remember her last name) and Sammie
Sisco (mother of the guy I dated for about
3 yrs). I loved these ladies. 

Anyway, the handkerchief above came
from Mrs. Cook. Her and her hubs traveled
to Belgium and she brought me this back.
Yes, I have held onto it all this time. 

I have a friend that lives
in Knoxville Tn, about 2 hours
away. He is clearing out his
house and considering the
move back to Nashville. He
packed this up and sent it 
to me for painting my furniture
and other crafts. 
Image may contain: indoor

Can't wait to give it a try.

Next, in a couple of weeks
I am to hold and teach 
a paint class at James
and Julies place for Julies
bday. She wanted to do 
angels. So we picked two
for the group to paint from.

Julie wanted to do this one...


And she wanted me to pick
the second one. Searching
PINTEREST last night 
I ran across this one.

line drawing of angel | CLICK HERE for line drawing

I loved the drawing so I 
decided we would do this
in paint.


So there are the two that I will be
teaching. I also allow my folks
to paint whatever colors they
want to use. They do not have
to stick with what I have done.

Now as I sit here and look
around I know need to get up and
clean up the mess I made
yesterday as I went though
boxes! Are you like that when
going through stuff or cleaning,
you make a bigger mess? I am 
horrible at it. Then I get it all
out and unpacked, in stacks
according to what room it needs
to go to....and I am worn out.
Then it sits there and if it sits
there long enough it gets thrown
back in a box or basket and gets
all mixed up again!!!

YIKES......have a good day.
Pam


Comments

It's fun to find packed away treasures. Happy painting!
Sandee said…
We are doing de-cluttering here. It's been more than 10 years and we know not to wait this long. Anyway we also make more of a mess trying to clean up a mess. It works out, but sometimes you really have a pile of mess to clean up.

Painting class. How fun. I don't have an artistic bone in my body.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Christine said…
Lovely painting! Yes stay out of the sun you wouldn't want any scarring.
Jeanie said…
Your angels are fun. And yes, unpacking and finding surprises is always (well, almost always) fun!
Liz A. said…
I worked too many years in retail. I may have a large mess in the middle of a project, but before I stop for the day, it's mostly straightened away. (I couldn't leave things for my coworkers. They'd just leave the mess for me.) Now it's just habit. But, if no one is coming by to see, who cares if it takes a couple days for the project to be cleared away?
Ann said…
I like both of those angels.
I'm horrible about letting stuff sit. I'll make stacks of stuff on the table that need to go to different rooms and then it sits for days before I get around to taking care of it
Rhodesia said…
I need to go through some "forgotten" boxes. Amazing what appears! Keep well and safe, Diane
Darla M Sands said…
Enjoy the painting class! Those angels are lovely. I look forward to seeing folks' results. And I can totally relate about organization, or lack thereof. Heh... Be well and try to get some rest, my dear.
Red Rose Alley said…
Wow, it's been hot there. The angel painting is sweet. Sounds like you are going through things and getting rids of things and keeping old treasures. They are the best, aren't they?

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom