Quarantine, Lock Down, Virus, Coronavirus, COVID19. Rebound

Wow....so many words to
describe what the whole
world has been dealing with.

Whoever thought that in your
life time you would be under
QUARANTINE? Or that the
state you live in would be on 
LOCK DOWN? 

Well, I never thought it
would be something
I would live through.
Never thought I would
walking out of my home
and heading to the store 
wearing a mask.

Image may contain: one or more people

Avoiding the aisles with people 
on them, or standing 6 feet apart
from folks in line. 

However I have not been
as safe as some others...
some folks go to the store
and come home, taking off
shoes and leaving them outside.
Stripping down as soon as
they enter the phone and 
taking a shower. Washing
clothes as soon as they
get in. Washing down their
items from the store before
taking them in the house. 
CRAZY, this world has been
turned upside down. 

I have stated before that
I like to document events
in my area with pics.
From the tornado damage of
1986 to the floods of 2010.
Back to tornado damage of
2020. But for some reason I
just not see how to photograph
this virus. Even being out 
and about with my phone it
still was not hitting me until
last week.

The signs....not just the 
printed ones but signs of
folks being safe and thanking
the folks on the front line.

I found this one outside
of  Lowe's last week.


Noticing all the plastic
bearers put up for keeping
customers from breathing 
on staff, and the other 
way around. 

(notice the wooden
poles up with heavy
plastic stretched from 
one pole to the other).
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Same here at the post office.

Image may contain: indoor

Protection from ......what?
⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲⇲

No photo description available.

My guess is if someone
punches in the numbers
on the plastic how does
that stop the next person 
from picking up a germ
on said plastic....
still trying to figure
this one out.

Most stores now have
these on the floor.

No photo description available.
(yep that's my colorful shoe)

Image may contain: possible text that says 'PLEASE ALLOW SIX FEET BETWEEN YOU AND OTHERS'

Headed to PetSmart yesterday
cause Ms. Bit needed food.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.


No photo description available.

Ran in Walgreens the other day...
Do you know how hard it is
to locate Tylenol or even a generic
brand? WOW....or a thermometer?
See with spring headaches
and with body pain
I have to take Tylenol 
(generic), I can't take
Advil or anything containing
ibuprofen (weight loss 
surgery). I had run out
of mine, and my thermometer
broke a couple months ago
right before this virus 
broke out. Luck, I did 
find my generic and I did
fine one thermometer....
took awhile. 

No photo description available.

Restaurants are doing curb side
meals delivered when ordered
ahead of time.

Image may contain: outdoor

Shopping center parking 
lots bare. 

No photo description available.

And this is just a few
things that have happened
during the Quarantine time.

Monday Nashville TN will
start REBOUNDING.
Restaurants will open at
1/2 occupancy. Retail stores
can open also at 1/2 the
amount a people to enter.
Gyms, bars and salons remained
closed. That is phase one. 
Phase two will happen only
if phase one does not go
totally off the rails. 
Phase two 3/4 capacity. Bars 
and gyms stay closed. 
Phase three -
salons by apt only and 
bars open 
1/2 capacity and restaurants 
and retail at full. Phase four, 
schools, gyms full capacity, 
sports at full and salons till 
apt only. Could take up to 
18 months to recover. 

Okay, guessing we will
see how this goes. 
Stay tuned, same 
blog, different days.


Pam





















Comments

Rhodesia said…
It is very hard to fight something that you cannot see even with other signs around that something has changed. Take care Diane
Ann said…
In my area there have been ZERO cases and I think most people feel relatively safe with the exception of a few who are very worried.
I haven't changed how I do things. I still go to work, I don't worry about what I bring into the house. I figure if I'm going to get it I"m going to get it and since I'm at work 40 hours a week taking my clothes off outside the house and wiping down my purchases isn't going to make a difference.
Pilar said…
I haven't figured out the plastic covering on the debit machine either. I'm like you, how does that stop germs? Stay safe and be well Pam! I meant to ask have you tried baths for your pain? I wrote about this on my blog and you might find it beneficial.
NanaDiana said…
We are seeing the same things here, Pam. It is a scary thing. We are washing clothes and leaving shoes outside when we come in. Hubby is our designated 'runner'. Two of my hubby's co-workers (chaplains at a local hospital) have the virus. One has been in ICU for 3 week and the other was diagnosed yesterday. So, we are extra careful. Hubby is doing phone calls from home but no face-to-face patient visits.
Stay Safe! Diana
Jeanie said…
I don't think opening restaurants yet is safe, even limiting clientele. At least not here. Me? I'm staying in except for walks, not going shopping or in public areas where you can't get away from people. It is important to wear masks, sanitize things and stay safe. Trust me. Those of us who know people who have had this or died from this know we don't mess with this invisible enemy.

I love the signs thanking people.
Christine said…
Haven't heard any phase in for Canada yet.
wisps of words said…
Lovely photo on top!!!

HOORAY for Nashville!!!!!!!!! Some opening, with precautions!!! Yesssss!!!!!

I am all for it!!!! Healthy younger people should be able to return to work.

No, I don't intend for us to run out and mingle. lol Smart for us, to keep away. but it's not that difficult for us, so I know, I'm lucky in that regard.

Again, hooray for Nashville!!!!

Open soon, please.
Here....
Healthy and Young
go back to work.
🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱
Liz A. said…
Hopefully they change the plastic on the card readers. Otherwise, it's pointless. I was in one store where they were wiping it down between customers. That works, too.

I'm glad to see plastic up between workers and customers. I'm glad to see them in masks, too. I wasn't happy when the companies were telling employees not to wear masks. They are most at risk as they are seeing so many different people daily.
CHERI said…
It's definitely a crazy and DIFFERENT world these days...I handle it better some days than others. I can't help but wonder how this will all play out...will we go back to everything the way it was or will there be a new normal???? Like you, I am not doing all the things like taking off my clothes, wiping down packages, etc. Of course, I have been almost nowhere since this began but hubby goes to store, etc. We do wear our masks and use sanitizer and wash hands thoroughly. I am trying to let this time teach me many lessons and I keep telling myself that God will bring some good things out of this:) Stay well... love & hugs!
I found that rather interesting about the plastic hanging up. What a great idea. It is a whole new world. Take care and stay well.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom