Hermitage, Painting Furniture

I was in Wally World the 
other day when I saw this....

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓

Image may contain: 1 person

I was raised in Hermitage.
I now live back in 
Hermitage. Might have
to get one just to 
see the questions.

This is a piece mom
gave my years ago. 
Used to have feet on 
it but by me moving
and sliding it around
those broke off so 
it sit on the floor flush
now. I started using 
it in the craft room but
I have used it in 
the living room for
years. Great compartments
for storing stuff.

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

OOPS...
just noticed Lily did a
photo bomb!

I decided it needed a
face lift but I did
not want to paint
the inside of the shelves.

Image may contain: screen and indoor

the best part will
come when I put a 
new top on it.

Image may contain: screen and indoor

Hoping to get to
that part in a week or
so. 

But was totally shocked
at my daughter.
She might have some
of her mom in her
after all cause last 
week she decided 
to paint some furniture.

No before pic.
This is a dresser that
was mine as a young 
teen. My mom got
this piece for ten 
bucks at a yard sale.
She painted it a brown
but Amber wanted
to give it a face lift
also. 

Image may contain: indoor

Also this is a piece
I had my tv on 
in my bedroom. It
is a OLD console
tv converted with 
a shelve on the 
inside for the DVR
and such. 
She painted it also. 

Image may contain: screen and indoor

I just love the paint/
stain combo!

Have you painted any
furniture in your home?
What did you paint?
What color?
Inside Message: Climb in  #cardthartic #greetingcard #encouragement #stressrelief #littleredwagon #stationary #meaningsoflife #greetingcards

Pam

Comments

Christine said…
Like mother like daughter!
Darla M Sands said…
I spent too many hours helping my dad paint at one house or another, so the colors stay as they are. ~grin~ Christine's comment made me smile. Oh, and when I saw Hermitage-opoly all I could think of was this pandemic turning more folks into hermits. Heh... I had too look closer after reading your words. Be well, my dea.
Jeanie said…
The dresser looks great. And oh, the red wagon -- spoton.
CHERI said…
Pam, sadly your cool witty comment didn't appear in the comments on my blog, but your last message did. So please try again...I love cool, witty comments:) I love painted furniture but the pieces I've tried....well, let's just say they wouldn't thrill anybody's soul!!!
Liz A. said…
I mean to paint my furniture. I've just never gotten around to it.

The Hermitage-opoly will be Monopoly only with streets from your town, rather than Atlantic City. Might be fun.
Ann said…
Your daughter has your talent for painting the furniture. Looks like you guys have the same taste too. I love the look of the darker tops on a white bottom.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom