My Plans

There have been so many nice
comments and thoughts and
even a lot of questions on 
yesterdays blog. Thank you all.

To reply to them....yes, I do think
I have made the right decision 
in buying my childhood home. 
I do know that it is going to 
cause some more stress on me
preparing my home for sell,
packing to move to moms and
getting things lined up. I have 
not had to do this in 28 years.
My biggest worry is staying
on task and not allowing myself
to get overwhelmed and my
body shutting down. I am going
to have to push myself but 
in the long run, this was be 
great.

My new home is brick and 
siding with replacement windows 
compared to my home now which
is wood siding, although I do have
replacement windows. The deck
there is shaped different, where mine
is long and not so wide, that one
is more square. Plus, there is another 
portion of the deck not roofed or
screened, so a perfect section for
grilling. I had the part of my backyard
fenced in for the dogs when I brought
them here,  Dakota never had to be fenced.
But  at mom's the fenced in area is bigger.

There is a den that will become
my craft room. It has bathroom off
that. It is downstairs, there are three
ways to enter that room, from the garage,
through the french doors off the driveway
and down the stairs. On that same level
is the garage and the basement. Laundry
is in the basement but that will not
be a biggie.

Upstairs is the living area of the 
living room, kitchen and dining 
room and the back door to the deck.
Up two steps from the living room 
is the bathroom and three good size
bedrooms. So yes Liz, I will basically
be living on one level. 

I packed up my moms whole house, 
my younger brother carried off things
to Goodwill that none of the family
needed. However, the living room 
and the den are full of boxes that
belong to other family members. They
will need to come collect all  that.

My plans are to pack up things upstairs
here at my home and start moving all
those boxes over to a section of the den
or even in the basement. That will allow
me to finish ripping up carpet and laying
the floor that I had already started. Be 
easier not having to work around everything.
Packing up and moving all that will not
be an issue cause even though I have
three bedrooms, I have not been living up
there. WHAT YOU ASK.....well, back in 
the summer the stairs started to be an
issue with Dakota. With the cancer he
usually has to go out in the middle
of the night, sometimes more then 
once. One night, for the third time, 
he needed to go out, in my sleepy
state and my body that was giving me
issues I slipped and fell. I decided then
that we would just sleep downstairs. 

I started out sleeping on my couch, 
which is extra long then most couches.
Also when you take the back cushions
off you have a couch that is as long and 
as wide as a twin size bed....but that got
old and my body was not liking it.
I found a heavy metal day bedframe
on FB Marketplace. I purchased that, 
spray painted the color I wanted and 
moved it in the living room. I bought
a memory foam mattress. My thoughts
were that it would just become my
couch also, a gypsy type style of 
sitting around. 

Keep in mind, my couch is pulled
out away from the wall and sitting 
in the middle of the room. I offered it
for free on FB and a lady I have shot
family pics for twice and her wedding,
wanted it. They were suppose to come
last weekend to get it. I figure hubby
pitched a big one and so they did not
come. Guessing that is a good thing
now cause I  will need it in the living
room. The daybed will be put in the 
craft room cause I not only have
my queen size bed, I have to antique
metal beds for the guest rooms. 

I have been dragging my feet about
bring somethings home that 
mom had given me for the mere
fact I was not sure where they
were going to go. These are things
that I want but I was struggling with
lifting them and getting them here.
Antique heirloom glassware that 
belonged to greats along the way.
Now I am thinking there was a reason
I did not move them. 

I was asked would I be okay living 
over there since it was moms home
and she past there....I am good with 
that. The reason I left before was, it
was to close to her passing and 
I was living among her stuff and not
mine. I was lost and could not work
on things that I wanted to work on 
cause it was not there. My daughter sort
of but words to what I felt....
Leaving this home and going there
should be easy cause I don't have 
an attachment to my home other
then me and my kids lived here.
I don't have any sentimental feelings
to it. There, is where I grew up 
and  I have some
amazing memories there. Even 
making that home my own, I will
still feel close to my mom cause
she lived there, made that her home for
over 50 yrs. 

Sorry...no pics today and I 
dislike doing a blog with no
pics. I will however be showing
pics along my new journey. 

I was asked today what word 
I gave to my year of 2020...
once I thought about it I realized
that word had to be HEALING. 
I think this is my first step to doing 
that.

Oops....last night I 
played with snapchat...
I look good with fake
hair, and wearing
red!
HAHA
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Pam

Comments

Ann said…
Sounds like you have everything planned out well.
NanaDiana said…
You are in a good spot and you can do this! Once you get started sorting, etc.,there will be no stopping you. Give yourself permission to buy a short red wig when you are done. lol xoDiana
We'll be cheering you on as you make progress. Lily is gonna miss the porch time I'll bet.
Darla M Sands said…
This seems like good karma. ~hugs~ Be well and take your time, my dear.
Christine said…
All the best as you go through this stressful but rewarding time.
It really helps to have a solid plan. Hope you feel nice and cozy in your home in no time.
Amalia
xo
Rhodesia said…
Moving is always stressful, but you are lucky that you have a bit of time to get on with it. Every move we have made it has been out and in on the same day which I find an absolute nightmare. Take care Diane
Liz A. said…
And it'll be so much easier to move as you don't have to wait for another family to be out before you start moving things in. You can take your time at it. The ideal move.
Jeanie said…
You don't need to explain yourself to us or anyone. You have it planned, you know what you need, what you will do. It sounds as though it will be a very good thing to do. And you can take your time doing it, too, which is a plus. You can move in room by room, if you want and I think that's pretty cool. Well done.
Sally said…
Oh Pam, I just love you. You always give us something to smile about and that's such a blessing for us. You look really cute!

How I wish I could help you in the moving, but I do hope you'll have some who will be able to.

I'm looking forward to pics of your new place to call home, again.
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom