Cooking, Necklace and Friends

I have cooked two meals 
in my instant pot. One was
a chicken/noddle meal and 
then a roast with the fixings.
Still loving it but its a learning
process. 
Image may contain: food
I think salt dissipates under
the pressure. But sauces seems
to be enhanced more. So when 
cooking, more salt and less
sauce. 

The other day I got a gift
through Fed Ex. My friend Nancy
that lives in Ohio sent me this 
for a belated Christmas gift.

No photo description available.

Leaving work yesterday
I rode a couple blocks away
and took a few pics with my
cell.

Nashville.
This view of one side of 
Nashville.

Image may contain: sky, skyscraper and outdoor

This from the other side of town. 
I work in the tallest building in the
pic.

Image may contain: sky, skyscraper and outdoor

When walking to the parking 
lot to my car I see this steeple.

Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

I headed in that direction. It is 
part of Fisk University. 

New part of Nashville.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor
The tunnel that leads
to the older side of 
Nashville. 

Image may contain: bridge and outdoor

Our Capitol building. The cornerstone 
of the Tennessee state capitol was itself 
laid on July 4, 1845 and the building was
completed fourteen years later in 1859.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Wow.....at the years of history.
You can read more about our Capitol
here...

Today I left work a tad earlier
to meet my Partner in Crime,
from the TBI, Cindy. Her cousin
Carol whom I have known since
I was in 2nd grade. We went through
together, all the way. 
Image may contain: Cindy Jones Hollis, Pam Montgomery Jackson and Leslie Carol Hogue, people smiling, people sitting

Here is Cindy and her and Carols other 
cousin Bonnie who joined us today.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Angel Baker Beverly and Cindy Jones Hollis, people smiling, stripes and indoor

Its Wed. and I have packing to do....
but I need a nap first. 

Later,
Pam

Comments

Ann said…
I need to start using my instant pot. I just find it a bit confusing with all the different settings.
What a nice gift. That necklace is really pretty
Liz A. said…
I bet Nashville has changed a lot throughout the years, and you've been a witness.
Christine said…
you have a great social life!
Looks like y'all were having g fun get together!
CHERI said…
I've heard Instant Pots can be tricky to learn how to operate but have also heard it cooks food that tastes great. Love the necklace...such a pretty & thoughtful gift. We have a Nashville here in GA (not too far from me), but it is just a s-m-a-l-l town!!!! Nothing like your Nashville. I have always lived in small towns...I would be lost, lost, lost in a big city!!!! I mean that literally...my husband says I could get lost in a paper bag. (Don't tell him I said so, but he's right!!!)
Darla M Sands said…
You look so beautiful and happy. I hope you felt as good on the inside. ~hugs~ And thanks for sharing these awesome photographs. That necklace is a thoughtful gift, for sure. And Cheri's final remark made me laugh. :) Be well!
Jeanie said…
It's nice to see you smile, Pam, and to feel upbeat and excited. All good. Nancy's gift is lovely!
Sandee said…
We just use baking bags and put everything in them and into the oven with a closed pot. Season how you want and it's tender and delicious.

It's wonderful to have friends that you've know most of your life. So precious.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
Pilar said…
I really want to get an instant! That was so nice of your friend to send you that beautiful necklace!
Skincare Villa said…
I love one pot meals....

Recently posted...organic face wash in india

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom