Sunset/Game/Spider Tree and Article

Not the best catch of a sunset but
this was the view I was driving into
on the way to the barn Sunday evening.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

When I say, driving right into
it, I was. BLINDING.

Not sure if I have any
Supernatural fans that read
my blog but its in the 15th
season, and their last yr.

Image may contain: 2 people

I would get this for sure...
although I am not a fan of 
Monopoly. Do you like Monopoly?

Have you ever heard this 
legend?

No photo description available.

I heard of it one other time, that
was when I was in elementary 
school and we went to Cheekwoods
Christmas Tree showing.
You can actually read about 
Cheekwood here.
https://cheekwood.org/

Anyway, I actually saw a tree 
that was decorated to look like
silver spider webs. I liked it the 
most. It was so cool. That is actually
where I saw and heard about 
Christmas trees that hang from
ceilings. It was to keep the mice
out of the trees.  This legend above
is only the second time I have ever
heard this.

Is your tree up yet?

Look here...I did it again. Made another
issue of the local magazine, Life Between
the Lakes. 

Image may contain: text









Comments

Christine said…
Love your article and also that Christmas story. You made me think of someone alone that I should call up for lunch.
Sandee said…
Hubby and I loved Supernatural. We watched every single episode. Great show.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to all the babes. ♥
Rain said…
Hey Pam :)

I'm a Supernatural fan but since I don't have a television I stopped watching years ago, 15 years? Wow. Oh Monopoly...when Alex and I first met, his sister and her bf came to visit so I let them stay at my place. We had a night of Monopoly and I was playing to win, like we all do, and it put Alex in a tailspin, he thought I was playing against him and he was so mad lol... he had the crazy idea I'd help him win! Nearly broke us up - okay I exaggerate but it did cause tension. I have never played that game with him ever again because we are both too competitive lol!

Once in a while he asks if I want to play and I always say "not with you!" lol...we have other board games, but I won't touch Monopoly ever again!

That's cute about the tinsel story!
wisps of words said…
Sweet Christmas story... Never heard it.

Lovely newspaper piece...

Tree up???? Are you kidding?????? >,-) Not a single decoration is up. -sigh- Just not there yet.

😊🔥😊
Ann said…
As much as I love sunshine, I don't like having to drive with it blinding you like that.
I remember playing lots of monopoly back in the day. I have never seen supernatural though.
We never watched Supernatural, the Dad wonders how he missed that one. We never heard of the Christmas Spider either. Hey, we'll quit with 2 strikes!
Jeanie said…
I like you "Little Extra." It's a wonderful piece and perfect for the season.
Darla M Sands said…
Lovely article. ~hugs~ I picked up a piece of trash from the street the other day, and try to gesture my thanks to careful drivers. Every little bit helps make a kinder world, I think (and hope). You took a great photo of that blinding sun. Be safe!
Love your article, and the Legend of the Christmas spider.

I've started writing some Christmas cards, but no decorations yet!

All the best Jan
Pilar said…
Such a sweet story Pam. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Liz A. said…
Is that why tinsel? I would love a spider web tree, but no one around me would appreciate that.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Coffee Table Redo

Another Chilling Day - Brothers HOuse