Photo Bomb / Cakes


So I have been checking out photo
poses to see what is going on 
with photographers lately. 
I ran across this one!!!HAHA
LOVE THIS!

Image may contain: 5 people, text

Holidays are here which is the time
a lot of folks bake. I made this first cake
years ago when I worked at the school. 
It was amazing, might need to bake it soon.

Boston Cream Poke Cake


When I was newly married I found
out that my then hubby loved 
Boston Cream Pie....there used
to be a box mix for making it and
it was good. I have not seen that 
box mix in years but then like I said,
I found this....yum.

I have also been checking PINTEREST
for decorating cakes. My daughters bday
is coming up. 

This is the only poke cake I have
made. But a few years ago I also
found dump cakes....something so 
very easy. My mom loved the cherry/
pineapple dump cake and I would make
it for her and would take it to Thanksgiving.

With decadent layers of fruit & a golden cake topping, Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is the perfect end to any meal- and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare!!  #gonnawantseconds #cherrypineappledumpcake #dumpcake #cake #easydessertrecipe #cherry #pineapple #cakerecipe

I have made several cherry dump cakes
this yr but not one with pineapple.
I have also made apple, pumpkin...and 
more.

Lately I have been checking into
PINTEREST for cake decorating, 
my daughters bday is coming up.
Its amazing what you can do with 
the correct decorating tip.

Fall Mum Cupcakes





Serving up some #Spring prettiness with these chic buttercream cupcakes! Wouldn't these be great for a #bridalshower or even a wedding?!⁣ .⁣ .⁣ .⁣ Cake: @cakesbyjanetaylor #cupcake #cake #instacake #pinkinspo #weddinginspiration #prettyinpink #buttercream


I decided that I would go for something
like this. 

sunflower cake....LOVE it!

Although I think I will do the sides
as a drip. 

How to Make a Chocolate Drip Cake

And put the sunflowers on the top.

But if you are not into 
yielding a frosting
tip then you could
make a cute cake with
just a bundt cake pan and
color icing!


Halloween Pumpkin Shaped Cake
As I was scrolling PINTEREST
I also found that there are several
different types of bundt cake pans.
Check this cake made in one out.
Pretty cool. 


Apple Cider Bundt Cake | apple cake | apple cake recipes | bundt cake recipes

You can find directions to the
above cakes, decorations and 
even the bundt cake pans on
PINTEREST where I borrowed
all these pics.
Thanks PINTEREST! I love you.

Life is to short...
enjoy the desserts!





Comments

Rhodesia said…
Ha ha interesting poses. Take care Diane
Those cakes sure are pretty and that Boston Cream Poke Cake sounds wonderful to the Dad!
Sandee said…
I want the poke cake. Those are so yummy. I've not had a slice in a long time. Need to fix that.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. Scritches to all your babes. ♥
Christine said…
These cakes look so good, starting with that boston poke.
They are different poses :)
Don't the cakes look wonderful …

All the best Jan
wisps of words said…
Ohhh, those decorations are works of art!!!!

I'd never even consider, trying to make them!

But you have done similar I'll bet. Good luck!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

😊πŸ”₯😊
Betsy said…
Boston cream is another favorite of mine. These cakes look so good!
Happy Thanksgiving, Betsy
Ann said…
Those cupcakes and cakes all look amazing.
Liz A. said…
Yeah, it's the tips. That's what makes those great designs. I think the skill of the operator had something to do with it, too. Which is why you won't be seeing me attempting anything like that. It would be a big, fat fail. I'll stick to yarn crafts...
Those are some great ideas. The photo bomb is so cute. I love the cake/cupcake decorations too. Sometimes on a bundt cake I will just sprinkle powdered sugar on it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom