Moving/Plants/Crafting/Frosty's

Yes, I do realize that 
HALLOWEEN
is still a ways off!


That we are not into Sept. yet
but PINTEREST is
on FALL and HALLOWEEN
mode!
I LOVE IT!

Doing coffee right now
as I speak on the deck!

So its been almost eight months
since mom left us.
I lived in the house three of
those months before
coming home to my home. 

Been waiting on not only
my big brother (in charge of
the will and wishes) but
my little brother who cuts the 
yard every week but hardly
ever if ever enters the house.

Upon receiving the insurance
bill for the next three months I 
decided enough was enough.
I am doing better physically which
has helped me deal with the 
mental side of me.
It hurts to think of saying
good buy to the home I 
grew up in but, its time.
So I lined up help to move
my things from there to my
house and to help load up 
my brothers and nieces stuff
to be moved to brothers house.

Kevin, a new friend that is a 
handyman, brought a truck and 
a friend, my sis in law Kim
and brother Mark was there
with Mark's truck. 

Marks truck held Holly's stuff
and Kevin's held mine.

HAHA...I love my brother so 
much! He is a mess.
Upon NO ONE having cords
Mark tied his stuff in the truck
with an outdoor extension cord!
Yep, we are southern rednecks!


My mom wanted this beautiful bedroom
suit for the guest room, named
Holly's room cause she lived (stayed)
over there so much of the time .
When it came to folks wanting 
moms furniture the grands were the 
first asked after the kids decided
what they wanted.
I asked Holly did she want
this and she did. I felt it was best
served going to her. 

With that....I had Kevin load
up my new hutch.

This beautiful piece was made 
MANY, MANY 
years ago ( say it like that 
cause we are now OLD) by
Mark for our mom. 
He was either still in shop in
high school or just out, that would 
make this piece......YEP OLD! haha
I have always LOVE it and when
Mark said he did not want it, I jumped
in and said I did. 

That table and chairs was given to 
me by a friend that was clearing out
her dads place. It is 
42 inches wide. My kitchen
is set up in a way that just don't 
really fit a table that large.
I had thought about making a
small farm table but now I am 
thinking since Mom's kitchen table
is still at her place I might trade out.
It too is round but it is 32 inches, and 
it is the table my mom always sat 
at for years. 
Still deciding. 

 My vine is growing and
blooming.
  
 

I have Morning Glories for 
the very first time



And my purple thingys are
in full bloom.


This plant is a succulent.
I heard it called House
Leeks but when I looked that 
up this is not the plant that came
up. But my mom always called
it Live Forever....cause it does just 
that. 
I got this plant from a friend I 
worked with in printing.
I moved some of it here
over 26 yrs ago.
I would say it is right at
the age of my son Cory,
at least 32 yrs old.....
in my posession anyway, not 
sure how long Debbie had the plant. 


It blooms a pink/purple sort of color.
Debbie told me years ago that 
once it bloomed, and you see it getting 
prepared for that, that exactly two weeks
later we would have a really cool 
spell which would be the beginning
to fall.
Always, for all these yrs it has
done just that.
Lets see if it holds true
this yr since I temps, climate and 
world seems to be changing so much.
I also have a rusty red color 
of this. Will take pics to share when
it blooms.

Yesterday after moving furniture,
which I totally found the way
to do that, HIRE IT DONE!
I crafted some!
WHAT!!!???
You say!
I know, that is what tells me that
I am on the mend. 
It was not much but
I did do something.
I ran out of time though since
I also went to see the boys 
(grands) play ball. 

But I wanted to make a couple of 
birdfeeders for my aunts,
mom's sisters, to send to them.
Plus, I cut (easy peasy stuff)
a four by four piece of wood down
to be able to make four sets of
candle holders (3 sizes in each set).
Stained them and then
painted one white. 

Keep me in your thoughts that
I am able to keep on keeping 
on. I did have a small melt down
last night at the ball field.
Caleb was talking about Wendy's
frosty's. It hit me, that
was the last thing my mom
ate in ICU. A couple of 
bites of that cause it was what
she requested. 
She would have also been
so proud of the boys being 
involved in football.


Comments

We know it's not easy but you'll get though it all, really you will.
Very creative, good for you doing some crafting! That is very interesting about the plant. Time has gone by quickly. Glad that things are getting moved out of the house. I love the buffet!!!
wisps of words said…
GOOD!!!

Set a big fire, under those brothers! Enough is enough! Get them moving and keep them moving!

It rots, that you have to do this. But if it is, it is. The only way you will get this whole thing, taken care of, is to get them to move their bloomin' asses.

It's not them, that deals with this stuff. Even though older bro has will and etc. Hey, lawyers do that!

You! You! YOu! Are carrying the load. Time to finalize everything and GET IT ALL DONE and over with and SELLLLL.

You can't live the rest of your life, in the past.

IMHO, that is.

✨🌻✨
Christine said…
yes it is time to move on.
CHERI said…
I'm sure it wasn't easy to make the decisions about your mom's house and things. Several years ago now we down-sized my MIL (now in nursing home) and it was a grueling process trying to decide who got what, what to keep and what to sell/throw or give away, etc. My mother is 91 so I know the time when my siblings and I will have to deal with all this will come sooner than later. I can tell from your blog that you are probably stronger than you think, so I really do believe you will continue to find strength in your family and the things that bring you joy. Hopefully FALL will finally arrive in our hot, hot South and we will all feel better:)
Ann said…
Moving forward takes time and everyone has their own pace. It's been over a year since Wade passed and there are still occasional meltdowns but they are fewer and farther between. I think you are doing great so keep it up.
That hutch is beautiful. Using the extension cord to tie that stuff down in the truck was a pretty good idea.
Moving on does take time, but it sounds you are doing much better at the moment.
Thinking of you.

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
Meltdowns are to be expected. If anyone gives you a hard time about it, those are not people you need in your life.

It's hard to distribute her stuff. Glad you got help to do it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom