Skin Issues Flaring

~Hello~

So you all know from the post the
other day that I worked in the 
flowerbed. Moving one and setting 
up another.
I know that some would shake their head
and wonder what I am doing and 
why since I suffer from so much
pain and fatigue. 
Basically it comes from within, the
desire to continue living my life.
Learning that there are things I can 
and can't not do has been hard and I have
been learning that for 13 yrs now and its
still a struggle. 


With luck, I had a great day Friday,
Saturday and Sunday after working in 
the yard Saturday I was still doing OK.
My back and hip was hurting but it would
be what anyone would probably have
from working in the yard. 
Today, was actually a good day
also. I am not surprised at this cause
I have learned that you just never
know how the body will act.
What might set my body off today,
might not bother me next week. 
Its a 50/50 thing, roll of the dice...etc.
So you see, I can't just stop 
LIVING.


Flares can consist of a bunch of 
different issues. 
Pain
Fatigue
Itching
Headaches
and so much more.

I  started having more skin type
issues in the last few years. 
I have some really bad reactions to 
a misquote bite sometimes.
Thinking it depends on how deep they
bite I guess. Sometimes they itch but
don't get really bad. Other times they
turn to sores. 

Keep in mind that I don't have to 
get bit either, a fly or a gant can land
on me and I start itching.
I even have this issue depending on 
certain pollen landing on me.
Problem is, I am not sure exactly what
pollen that is so its another 50/50
chance when I walk out the door.

Why?
Well Fibromyalgia is caused from 
over active nerves. 
With that, the nerves in, around, 
and under skin become over active.

So...I have an apt with the dermatologist
in ten days. Something needs to change.
Years of dealing with this is reeking 
havock on my skin.

If that is not enough, I have 
eczema or contact dermatitis, had all 
my life. Usually it is under and stays
under control. I also have had a couple
of bouts of Discoid Lupus.
Being able to determine eczema 
from lupus is not easy. 
I have had three spots on my right arm
that could be one or the other since
mom went in the hospital that
I can't get cleared up. Stess and 
upheaval in ones life can cause
either one of those to flare. 

This is my right forearm.


I would show you a pic of my legs but
sure you don't care to see a bunch of
sores.

I will (you know I will) keep you posted
on the apt. and where we go from here.
I know there needs to be a fix, I am 
so tired of itching and scratching, being 
tired in general, being in pain...






  















Comments

Ann said…
I think you do great at taking advantage of the good days and knowing when your body needs to rest. The itching part would make me crazy. Even when I get just a little dry skin in the winter I can itch like crazy and I can't stop myself from scratching it
It makes you amazing that you still continue to do so much even when you are in pain. I hope the doctor can help alleviate some of your skin issues.
Christine said…
Inspiring meme.
Rhodesia said…
You never cease to amaze me what you are capable of doing and I know sometimes it must feel just terrible. I hope the dermatologist can at least help you with the skin problems. Please take care and do not overdo things. Thoughts are with you Diane
I'm so sorry. I love the first saying your shared. Chronic illness is a full time job. I can't imagine your pain but I can definitely pray for you. I can relate but in a different way because of my COPD. Most people don't even know. We learn to hide it well. I'm stage 4 which is the end stage but I'm not giving up and you go girl!!!
I sure hope the skin problems and the itches clear up soon.
wisps of words said…
Gentle hugs....
Sandee said…
You are a trooper and you don't let anything get you down. I applaud you for that. I hope you can get the skin issues cleared up though.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥
Old Time Cindy said…
I've never had fibro myself, but I have a couple of friends who do. I know what you are saying about having good and bad days and never knowing. Hope you have more good days than bad.
Sally said…
You really are amazing, Pam. I hate that you have those bad days, though. And, the itching on top of fibro. How awful. I'm sorry.

xoxo
Thinking of you and hoping things improve soon for you.

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
I'm sorry. Skin issues are the worst. I hope they figure out some way to help you deal with it.
Pilar said…
You are very strong Pam. Even through your bad days I can see your strength through your posts. I have some eczema on my elbows, so I definitely keep them moisturized. Good luck at the dermatologist.
Jeanie said…
I get it completely. We have to do what we have to do. I'm "down" for awhile and it is making me totally crazy. I hope your pain/skin issues improve very soon, Pam.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom