Thumb Print Necklace/ Funnies

With a thumb print necklace,
I now carry my mom with
me all the time.

=


When preparing mom they took
a print of her thumb.
That print is transferred onto this
necklace. 

This is said so well.


Mom had a few silk flower
arrangements around the house.
I decided to keep them and 
use the flowers on her
and dad's grave, along with my
nephews for 
different seasons and 
holidays. Then while it he basement
I looked in a tote bin and found
a whole big assortment of
flowers, so I decided to hold
on to them all for doing the 
graves.

There are so many pretty flowers
but this bunch just spoke to me
and said they would look
great at TN Tiny Weddings.
I took them to Julie
and later that day I got this
pic of the arrangment she put
together for the wedding place.


Now, to move away from 
sad things and on to some
fun stuff.

I was at the barn the other
day and went up to the 
garage to speak with Chris.
While standing there I looked
out and was greeted by this 
site. 
I have seen this many times
before but it never 
jumped out at me as
looking like a noose.

Anyone for a game of
hangman?


Saw this just a few mins
ago on FB.
HAHA...
  

Yep, well mine are not that 
bad cause I have kept mine shaved
through the winter months.

Sort of like the trips to
granny's house in Georgia.


Only ours was gas stations!

I sure hope you all get this one.


Reminds me when a couple of yrs
ago my grandson told his mom
he wanted a PB&J.
After he ate Amber asked
him if it was good and he 
replied, " Yep, but next time
can I have the jelly on top"!!

Now the sad news,
Supernatural will be ending 
next yr. 
15 yrs of this show.
I had just told my son, a fan 
also that I thought it would end
soon cause it just did not have
the punch it has had in the past.
I felt it would end with no
warning after this yr. but they
will be doing an ending yr.
LOVE THIS SHOW.



Oh wll, all good things must
come to an 
end.

Thanks to all on the comments
on the house. I feel like everyone
sees it the way I do...
SCARY. 
BUT, also I need to throw out
there that yes, it would be a lot
of work but not any I would 
be doing!

Later folks, 












Comments

That necklace is so unique and so pretty.
Christine said…
Neat thumbprint memory.
wisps of words said…
Did you have bad weather, Fri. night???

Weather Ch. had lots of it, down south, but maybe just ever TX way.
wisps of words said…
How do you simply get to last post, with this "wonky" theme you have? On bottom of my post or comments, there is the same old place, to go to Last Post. But don't see it, here. ??????

My husband was sick again, and I missed your last post (house?). But how in H**l do I get to it? Easy??????
Darla M Sands said…
Sorry about the show. :( Best wishes, my dear!
wisps of words said…
To answer your question, about "what about upstairs, now that we have bedroom/shower downstairs?????

Not using it. Yes, there are things up there, to be used. But now, he is not going up to use his drawing table, to design stuff, to make. Stuff like that. Plus, our 'other season' clothes, are 'rolled,' and in drawers, up there.

To be honest, I feel it is now a Storage Area. Read that, mostly JUNK. As far as I am concerned. lol But not to him. I'm done trying to clean out, any more, except that which is mine, to deal with.

The kids know who gets what, IF they WANT it. (Stuff written down too... you know, that Will thing and etc.) And they know I wanted to clear stuff out. They know, there is nothing of mine, they HAVE to keep. And no guilt to be felt, about tossing what they don't want, of mine.

And that's that, about upstairs. It was wonderful, while kids were home, and when "grands" were here, as well. I appreciate it.... Marie Kondo, would be happy for that. :-)

But it is beyond fantastic, to live on one floor. I figure we now live in a 5 room cottage!!!!!!! My dream, for ages. Nahhh, it's not a cottage. But in my mind, it is!!!! :-)))))))
I absolutely love the necklace.
That necklace is very special :)

All the best Jan
Ann said…
That necklace is awesome. I wish they would have offered something like that when Wade passed.
The necklace and floral arrangement are wonderful ways to memorialize your mom. I love the gang plate funny. I have caught myself asking dumb questions like that in off moments!
Liz A. said…
People can be so dense (the wall plate). Reminds me of the time a customer came up to me very upset. Where were the batteries? (This was back in the days when I worked at the evil toy store.) I pointed next to me. We were standing right in front of the battery wall.
Rhodesia said…
Love that thumbprint necklace wish I had heard of that when my Mum passed on
Surely with the gang plate you just turn it around!!!!!!
Keep well Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
That is such a special necklace, Pam. What a nice way to remember your dear mom. I love the mother quote too, and it reminded me of my mother-in-law who just passed away. That picture is too funny of the lady with the hairy legs hahaha.

Have a good rest of the week, Pam.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom