This and That and Whatever

I love this...
if only I had a the room for 
a kitchen island. 




(internet pic)
I actually have a dresser in moms
basement that would work for
this...
It was the dresser my granddad used
in his home in Georgia.
It needs some love but 
I think I can do something with it.

HAHA



(internet pic)
FYI for those out there that really
don't know me!
I am one of those easy going folks
that can come out of that
shell if need be!

Anyone out there struggling to
lose weight?


You need to purchase a spoon like
this.


Bet this would help a lot with
weight issues.
When any of us in the family
traveled we brought mom back
a spoon. She had such a cool
collection. My oldest brother being
the one that traveled the most always
picked up one for her so my youngest
nephew wanted those. He however
left this one for me as a joke.

Saw this on FB and had to laugh.
I have a young grandson that 
tends to want to tell a 
lie or two.


(internet pic)
Told my daughter to try this.

The other day was National Pi Day!
Bet Liz knew about this.
Since I did not have any Pi charts
or whatever I went with 
a Turtle Pie.


This happened yesterday

(internet pic)
about 40 mins away. 
A smaller less traveled 
road that I am sure at one point
I traveled in my adventures of driving
around with my camera.

(internet pic)
I have made a few ladders for
throws to store on. Never
thought of just putting on the wall
for decoration. I however have
made a small one for a section
in my house. Made that months
and months ago.

(internet pic)
Was unable to stain and install
since I made it right before 
moms surgery and we all know
how my life has gone since. 
But this is cool...I like.

Mentioning Liz again...
Bet you know this pattern.
I learned to knit these slippers
(well, not these, this pattern)
when I was in the 9th grade.
Wow....how old are you in the 9th
grade?

(internet pic)
Anyway, these are a knit/pearl pattern and 
I made many of these.

Sometimes I made them like the 
above pic but
others I made with pom poms.

(internet pic)

But then the other day I found these
on PINTEREST.

(internet pic)
http://design-peak.com/simple-step-by-step-slippers-tutorial/
Checking PINTEREST 
after finding this I saw that
there are several ways
to make slippers.

Oh my...the next
statement is just a lifes
given!!

(internet pic)
And just so you know...





(internet pic)
YAY....haha.
Have a great weekend folks!


Comments

Pilar said…
I remember my aunt had an island in her kitchen. I've always wanted one ever since I saw that when I was younger!
That kitchen island sure is cool, that poor bridge isn’t though.
Darla M Sands said…
Hey, I got out of bed, too. lol That bridge collapse is startling. Take care, my dear.
Debbie said…
i like the dresser, kitchen island idea...that would also make a great potting bench!!

i could really use one of those spoons right now, but i really think my problem is that i don't get enough exercise!!

i have seen so much flooding and damage like you showed on our news, terrible the loss of property from recent storms. i'm not sure if there has been any loss of life!!!
Rhodesia said…
Wow I hope nobody was on the bridge when it collapsed!!

Like those slipper patterns very neat,

Have a good Sunday, Diane
I love the idea of the dresser for a kitchen island. I struggle with dieting. Love the spoon! That is so sad about the bridge, oh my! I love the look of that foyer. Cute slippers. I knitted back in H.S. That's funny and true, laundry is always there for us. Enjoy your weekend.
wisps of words said…
That bridge... Spooky... Especially if it just happened, out of the blue!!!!!!! :-((((((((

Christine said…
those booties look sooo comfy. And laundry lolol.
Ann said…
Love the dresser turned into kitchen island. Reminds me of a piece I saw on Flea Market flip today.
I've seen dressers made into kitchen islands. The one you featured is lovely! The slippers are sweet and I'm sure warm. My daughter is a knitter and has made some for me. I hope you have a nice weekend, Pam.
These are a riot. Except of course the bridge collapsing. That is horrible! The knitted slippers are so cute.
Goodness, that bridge collapse is not good!

… so true about the laundry!

All the best Jan
I wish I had room for a kitchen island, I'd chop a dresser in no time.
Amalia
xo
Red Rose Alley said…
That kitchen island is cool, but no room in my small kitchen. I want some of that turtle pie! Oh my gosh, that's scary what happened to that road - what a sight! I remember those knit slippers. My mom used to wear those, so comfy. I like the colorful ones. The last picture and quote made me laugh. : ) It's always fun reading your "this and that" posts, Pam.

~Sheri
Liz A. said…
The ugly slippers! My great-grandmother taught me that pattern, and I just made a bunch for Christmas. She always put the pom-poms on them, but I hated those (it was the '80s, embellishments of that sort were forbidden).

As for slipper patterns, there are hundreds. Seriously. I'm sure I could come up with a Pinterest board full of them, and I'd be adding to it for the rest of my life.

As for pi day, yeah, I was aware. And Towel Day is coming up soon. May 25th.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom