THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME - But There are Issues

We made it!


We are all in place.
Lily just went up stairs.
Khloe is in the floor,
Molly on the couch with
me and Dakota and
Cheyenee is in the chair.
We survived our first night
home. For Dakota, Lily and I
we have not been here since 
Dec. 27th. 

However, it has not been without
issues. I already miss mom's
fenced in yard and the 
amount of space her house
has compared to mine....
thank goodness these are not
big critters!

This probably being the only
dog I left at moms house!


Todays goal has been to work on 
getting a fence in the works.
BUT...there again, life can't
be without issues!
I live in what is called a 
zero lot line.
Those of you that don't know what
that is let me see if I can
help explain it~
A zero lot line is two homes together,
like a duplex, only mine is more
like two townhomes put together.
Zero lot means no lot (land) between
the two places. I used to think it 
meant that is was on a small
yard...haha, nope, I have a good size
back yard. 
Now back to talking fence, I would have
to have the line between the 
the two places surveyed to know where
to put the fence. Most homes would have
a metal stake in the yard but this
place was built in the early 80's and that
stake has been covered up 
over time. I have the yard specs and
measurements on a drawing that came
with the house but the issue there
is that the other side of my yard
is a creek, can't use the same 
measurements cause the creek has
washed away some of the land since
the 80's!
There we are back to issues...
I can't locate the stake
with a metal detector and having
to have someone come and do it is
not at all cheap.
CRAP...
PROBLEMS,
PROBLEMS 
and more 
PROBLEMS!

Then I remembered something I saw
on PINTEREST once!
A makeshift fence with pallets.
Flip side, these are treated for 
termites so that would solve
that issue (big deal in the south).
I could install it more to the center of my
yard and not the two yards and it 
would only be temp. 
I could pull it down when I move
and the cost would not be 
as much as a real fence.


I think this would keep the critters
in the backyard.

A post
or even rebar drove into the 
ground and slide the pallets
over them should work just 
find for four small brats dogs.
I also know where I can get some
pallets, as many as I need
FREE!

Next issue~
my state of mind!!!
Stress!!!!
Been an on going thing since Dec.
I was operating on adrenaline
till about two weeks ago and I 
crashed. I had been crashing here
and there but only for a day or
two at a time then I would
light a fire under me and make 
myself go again....the last
couple weeks I have had a hard
time recovering. 

I left things at moms a mess.
I have things I need to 
move back to my home.
I have things that I need 
to bring that I have tagged
as mine that was moms that
I need to bring home. I have
cleaning at my place to do
and I need to find a spot for things.

Wishing it was as easy to build
on to my place as it is to
put up a makeshift fence.....

~SO ~

I think I will give this a 
try and see if it helps
to calm me down some.












Comments

I know you'll figure out just the right solution, it'll take some time but you'll get there.
NanaDiana said…
Well-as far as the legs up the wall---would that be kind of the same as "being driven up the wall" as we used to say?!
That pallet idea looks like it might work for you. What a mess that whole thing turned out to be!
Have a wonderful first day of spring--and this, too, shall pass, Pam. xo Diana
Liz A. said…
On the bright side: there is no rush to sell your mom's house, so you really have as much time as you need. Take a week off and do nothing. Seriously. It'll get done when it gets done. And it'll get done quicker if you're not running on empty and just filling up a bit at a time just to get through another day.

I like that pallet idea. But it can wait a bit until you have the strength for it. (Or get one of your siblings to help ;)
wisps of words said…
Wheeeewwwwwwwwww... You make my/our logistics, of moving shower stuff, clothes, towels, sheets... downstairs. And finding the best place, to put all of these things....... You make me realize, that what I have to do, is hardly anything!!!!!!

Good wishes, and peaceful vibes, and luck to you!!!!

For sure, you can't do it all, in any kind of a rush.

Happy Spring!
🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃
How frustrating Pam! Our neighbors behind us have a bunch of little terriers. They have a small fenced in area in their backyard, just a simple chain link fence. That could be another option. There would be no worries of rotting wood.
Take your time with all the things that you have going on, Pam. I like the idea of a fence made of pallets for the doggies. Just enough for them to have a free place to roam and for you not to worry. Happy Spring! ♥
Ann said…
Sounds like a real pain in the butt to try and get a fence up for the dogs. Hope the legs up the wall helps
Christine said…
Hope you adjust soon to the new living arrangements. I feel for you.
Red Rose Alley said…
That is an interesting YOGA pose, Pam. So many things to be done at your mom's house, but I know you'll get to it over time. There's always stuff to do around the house. And then when you've finished, something else comes up haha. Take it one day at a time, my friend.

~Sheri
Diane said…
That pallet fencing is a cracker of an idea. Keep well Diane
Take your time with all the things that you have going on, and take care of yourself.

All the best Jan
Jeanie said…
I think being back home -- even if you have to make trips now and then -- will be a big boon to your health. Just take it one day at a time and be gentle with yourself.

Love the fence idea.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom