Today

Evening folks...
It's still cold around here today
but we are having a 
HEAT WAVE
of sorts, 
we made it in the mid
40s!

I had a doc apt that got canceled
Tuesday due to snow, rescheduled
for today.

I took these pics of the pond
at the hospital. 
 I really love this area.





On FB I ask questions to get others
involved. They range for questions like 
"what is hanging from your rearview mirror"
"What's in your desk drawer"
to the on the other night,
"if you were to get married now what 
would your wedding be like, colors, 
themes etc?"...
With that question the reply on someones
comment was where I told the colors
my daughter would be using and how
I was having an issue finding a lavender 
dress. On that discussing my daughter
said I could wear cream.
At that point my aunt said she had
a dress that was darker than cream.

With all that said and done I rec'd
a package in the mail today.
It is a beige dress but it will work 
perfectly. 
Fits great and it's the type
of crepey material I love and
that don't wrinkle. 


It's so pretty. It is a long dress and with 
my aunt being a tad taller I had knew I would
have to hem it. With that being said, I  will
be hemming it just above the ankles. 
That way while shooting photos I will
not trip!

My aunt also included a couple
of 75th anniversary things from 
McDonalds of the lion and tinman 
from The Wizard of Oz.



I just love my dress and my little 
gifts. 

Thanks for stopping in, 




Comments

How beautiful is that dress! Wow - how great that your aunt sent that to you along with all of the other sweet things.
Ann said…
Pretty dress. It's fun to get packages in the mail
Christine said…
oh you will look so beautiful!
MadSnapper said…
can't wait to see the wedding pics and what a blessing to get a dress just perfect and FREE.
MadSnapper said…
silver is all i wear and i did the same thing you did, cashed in the gold stuff years ago. except for bob's ring
Rhodesia said…
At least you have blue sky. Here it is grey and continual rain, so depressing.

The dress looks great and the fact that it does not crease is a huge bonus.

Keep well Diane
Sandee said…
I love your outdoor pictures. Looks very cold even though you're going through a heatwave. That made me laugh out loud.

I love your dress and your gifts. You'll look smashing at the wedding.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Those outdoor pictures are great.
That dress looks very pretty ...

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
I love that first picture.
Red Rose Alley said…
I remember how hard it was to search for a dress for myself for my daughters' weddings. But you found one, and it looks very nice on you. These pictures of the pond are so pretty, Pam. I love seeing the bit of snow around your area. It's been really foggy in the mornings here and very cold.

Have a fantastic week ahead.

~Sheri
Jeanie said…
The beige was lovely. I freaked finding something to wear to our kid's wedding and ended up with a great top and black palazzo pants. It worked.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom