Random all Over the Place Post

When its not too hot or in the case
of today...I love being on my deck.
So glad I had it screened in the year
I retired. 

I actually love taking naps out there.
But my two seater glider is a tad short 
to laying on....although, don't get me wrong,
curled up on it I have napped several times!
Just had to UNCURL when I need to get up!

So....I was thinking I needed something bigger, 
more comfy.

Saw this. Love this, but this base would take
up way to much room on the deck.


But I have been looking at building a swinging
bed/couch for the deck. 


I am thinking that I really don't need
it that wide, don't want to put a twin
size mattress on the deck. Plus when I 
sat on it I don't want my feet 
to dangle off of the side.

HAHA...saw this posted on
the neighborhood fb page last night.
Someone took this, busy four lane road
down the street right before rush hour
traffic!


Do you ever feel this way?



I know I do. Not so much with Dakota cause
he will move but Lily, she is not getting up
for anyone.

I know I posted pics of the wedding gown
but I cut me out to post of 
facebook cause
I have not shown a full view
pic of me.

I know I lost a lot...
and I can look in the mirror 
but it really don't hit me till I 
see a pic...
I really see it then.


I did a post of the gifts Theresa
brought over for Lily.
Although she loves the tunnel to
run though...
neither her or Dakota cared for this.


Cleaned out a cabinet and found 
these!

Some dated 1981, 1982 and
1983 and one is dated 1976.












And this is what you get when
your mom cleans out a box at her
house.



My last Christmas cactus was
bright pink....this is
red. Pretty.



 Thanksgiving week!
Might want to keep this in mind.



Working on my stairs again today.
They are stained and so is my
shelves. Not a fan of stain with
polyurethane in it....found that 
out doing the shelves. I like putting my
stain on with a rag, this required doing it 
with a brush, there are several places that 
ran, after Christmas I will probably sand
those places and redo them. 

Stain is still wet.
And keeping the critters off the 
stairs is fun!


Still have some painting to do 
where I had stenciled on them 
years ago. I will get that done, then after
Thanksgiving I will look for some
runners to go up them, Dakota
is getting at the age he will be needing
that help getting up and down. 
On each side of the runner 
I will stencil #1
to....whatever it comes out too...
15 I think...haha.

Thanks for stopping in,



Comments

MadSnapper said…
will Lily knock off any and everything you put on those shelves on the stairs? or will you put a back on it. I can see her climbing and leaping and pushing things off. our dogs have all lay right in the way, jake moves, baby was a rock and we had to step over and she liked to play with us by standing up just as we stepped over. we miss her anyway.
you do look fab in that shot, the perfect after photo... I like the swing bed idea, have seen them on HGTV a lot.. you can just customize it to your size and make your pillow for it. or buy the mattress and make the frame to fit.. like one of those lounge mattress. we know you can do what you make up your mind to do, will be waiting to see it.
Rhodesia said…
Love swinging seats but they need room! You are looking fabulous, amazing how you have lost so much weight and I am sure you feel better for it as well. Take care Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh, I love those Smurf glasses. I hope you don't ever give those away. Nel used to love the Smurfs when she was little. What a delightful picture of the cow in the middle of the road. Those fast drivers are just going to have to wait. Your Christmas cactus is pretty, Pam.

Happy Thanksgiving. I appreciate you stopping by and all your comments this year.

~Sheri

*that is great that you've been to Chicago. It's one of the places I'd love to visit.....and New York! : )
Sally said…
I know if anyone can build a swinging bed, it will be you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Pam.
Ann said…
I've seen those swinging pallet beds. One of those would be nice but I don't have a porch to put it on. The shelves look good. I can't imagine trying to keep Gibbs off the steps while they were drying
Liz A. said…
You'll come up with something for your porch. I know you will :)

I bet those glasses are worth something to collectors.
I love your swinging bed idea, Pam, and you are looking so slim and trim! Too funny about the cow - I hope she found her way home! What is it about dogs lying in the middle of the floor? Mine likes to lie right in the middle of the piles I sweep and look at me like 'what are you going to do about it?' Love those retro glasses and the stairs are looking great! Happy Thanksgiving! xx K
Anonymous said…
Lovely swing bed. I love it. Happy thanks giving day:)
Darla M Sands said…
Fabulous weight loss. You've worked so hard doing all the right things. I wish you felt as good to match.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom