The Meal /Touch of Halloween/ Fall Colors
I saw this on FB yesterday.
I love the different size letters
on cute paper and framed.
ADORABLE.
Might have to work on that for
next Halloween!
Now to tell you about the meal.
I house sat for my brother Ray
and my sis in law Lori
from Thursday (last week)
till Wed. at 4 when I left cause
they were due in around 7.
I know that I can leave the dogs
alone that long.
I headed to the house with Dakota Bug
and Lily Bit.
We stayed home that evening and
than I headed about an hour
away to Fairview on
Thursday (yesterday)
to stay with Caleb.
Mom and BF left to go to
NY for a Jets ballgame.
I was here to be sure that Caleb
made it to school today.
But anyway....I think I said before
that I do things for my Ray and Lori
when I am there. Last time I dusted the
house and mopped the hard wood floors.
This time I cooked them dinner
to have when they got in.
I cooked boneless, skinless chicken
breast in the cast iron skillet with
garlic and Italian seasoning.
Once that was done I moved it to
a casserole dish, laid out on some
Ragu sauce, sprinkled Italian seasoning
over the chicken again.
Covered with Ragu and topped
with Mozzarella cheese.
Baked till the cheese was melted.
Canned corn with fresh red bell pepper
from brothers garden cut up in it.
Green beans with small taters and ham
in them, cooked down to get the flavor in
them.
Got text from Lori, Ray and then my nephew
who stopped in for a visit with them to let
me know they loved the meal.
Then I baked cookies.
Been forever since I baked homemade
from scratch cookies. I usually do the
slice and bake kind.
These were yummy. I put choc chips
in there but I also put some peanut butter
chips in them also.
Yep...yummy.
Left these for my brother but since
he is trying to watch what he eats so I
brought 1/2 of them to my house.
When I pulled up at the house and took
the animals in I went back to
unload stuff when my younger brother
Mark came up to cut my yard and
cut up all the leaves.
Knowing I really did not need those
cookies and knowing how well
he likes them....
I gave him my 1/2.
The leaves here have been turning
lighter for a while now.
Lots of yellows and browns.
Not a lot of red, orange or burnt
orange.
UNTIL
yesterday, I noticed that the
colors are starting to come out
some.
The corner of my street.
Loving the yellow with the sun
coming through.
Chilling at my daughters apartment
right now. Thinking of heading to the
park down the road a bit to do
some photography...hoping
for some pretty tree color.
Dakota is at mom's and Lily
is sleeping. Thinking of taking her
with me....hate leaving her in a home
she don't know.
Thanks for stopping in,













Comments
Nothing great happening with color here. :-(
Such pretty colors there; so far, we have -0-.
I always enjoy what you're up to, and your great photos. :)
xoxo
Sounds like you have been a very busy lady. Me, too. Must be the time of year.
Happy weekend to you- xo Diana