Being Kind and the Reward


I know we all do things in life
for others, maybe just a kind word at
the right time, a pat on the back or a hug.
Maybe we bought someone a meal
when they needed it or 
donated to someone in need.

Whatever the reason, we do these
things without expecting anything in return.
But sometimes, either right away, 
a month or two later, or even 
may years later, that kindness
is returned. 

I tell you that to say, 
Saturday evening chilling on the couch
I saw Fed Ex pull in the driveway.
I knew I had not ordered anything, 
  1. but I remember that last week,
a woman I went to school with, 
lives in Ga. said she sent me something
to play with while I recovered, 
but cause I lived so far out,
it would not get to me
till Tue. or Wed.
So, I just thought, maybe I was 
getting an early delivery.

I went out on the porch to 
this large box. I slide it in with
my foot and legs to not lift
on it. It was heavy. Here again I 
am thinking, what is this and 
who really sent it.
After opening the box, I 
find this...

HAHA....course I had to pull
pieces out of the box
to see that this is what is in 
there, in pieces.

Well, I knew P2, that is my 
friend from Ga., her name is 
Pam, did not send this to me.
 Her last name starts with 
a D, but when in school, her
last name started with an M, just
like mine. When we reconnected on 
FB years later, we were on a photographer
FB page and we went as P1 (me) and P2 (her)
were known. Why?
I was Pam Montgomery
MON
she was Pam Mossack
MOS
and N comes before S!
HAHA

I posted on my FB that someone
needed to own up to this delivery.
My daughter called and asked did 
I get a delivery. I knew she did not do
it but it was a given she knew about 
it.

A friend of hers, Misty from way back 
when, a woman I have not
seen in YEARS, ordered it for me.
????????

It started with this post
from me~
locked into resting today to heal. Pain is dull, until I have to go. But, I am really good at handling pain since I live with it daily. So, while taking it easy, my mind is running. I plan on getting a great flower garden established for next yr. with a lot of drought resistance plants. A flower bed to me needs fun along with flowers so I am looking for someone that has an old wheelbarrow and maybe an old red wagon they no longer want that you will not charge an arm and leg for.....Doc bills to pay is taking most of my funds. Thanks, and if you are a Nashville friend, I can pick up.

So MIsty, wanted to get me a wagon
for my yard work. I had considered
getting one of these that would hook to
my mower to make yardwork and
making flowerbeds easier but when
I made the above post, I was looking
for props for the flowerbeds.
haha...
But with this, Misty has made my
yard work so much easier on my body.

Question~ Why would she do this?
Here is the text Amber got from
Misty.
WHAT?
Problem is, I don't remember
treating her any differently than
any of the other kids that came
to the house. I just treated her
like one of mine.
But, apparently, my kindness did not
go unnoticed to a teen girl.
You know what I did? CRIED!
I am still tearing up with this
post.
These girls, Amber, Misty and the
rest are in their early 40s and this
woman carries those thoughts.
OH MY GOSH....

I always tried to teach my kids
to be kind, to never look
down at someone different,
to not judge....even though there
are times that I know I
had a hard time following
that advice.
This just shows you, a small word,
a pat on the back, a hug can go
a long way,

Pam



Comments

Such a wonderful gift and a nice surprise from a friend!
Ann said…
How thoughtful that was of her. I was actually looking at those on Amazon and thinking about getting one. You'll have to let us know how you like it.
Darla M Sands said…
What a lovely gesture, and one that made me tear up, as well. Any returns on your current, past, and future kindnesses are well deserved. Hugs, my dear.
Jeanie said…
I would have cried too. This is one of the most beautiful gestures I've ever heard -- so very thoughtful and after so many years. She is indeed a special person. I love this.
Such a thoughtful gift.

All the best Jan
Marie Smith said…
You live kindness Pam. Well done!
Liz A. said…
You never know how a kindness will be received. It may have felt like nothing to you, but it was everything to her.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom