Mailbox ~ Done, Gray Fur Ball, White Meat, and Old Friend

I totally forgot to share
the most important part of
the mailbox with you.
The inside.


I also drilled a hole in the top of 
the post, wedged the solar light 
into the hole after adding E6000
glue in the hole and then around
it. Its all done now.
Next year I might expand the 
flowerbed.

No photo description available.

Enjoying time outside yesterday before
it got hot, I looked behind me and 
saw this ball of gray fur behind
me. She don't get far often.



A tad later she got up 
from her deck rail nap and
came down to veg with me.


Took DJ to work yesterday and 
on the way home I saw a 
site that made me turn around
and go back. It was a white 
turkey, actually, there were two.

Never seen a white one before.
I wonder, come Thanksgiving, 
would this bird be all 
WHITE 
meat?

 I am so proud of this young
lady. I watched her grow as
she came in and out of 
my home. She was one of Amber
best friends. She 
has worked so hard for this
while being a wife and a 
mom of three, 

Did I also mention that Jessica
was Cory's first love?
Jessica would come to the house
and spend the night, one
morning I heard Cory at 
about the age of three or
so knocking on Ambers 
bedroom door, and saying,
"Jessica Cherry, I love you"!!!!
She was very kind to Amber's 
little brother even though she 
was six years older than him.
Years ago Jessica sent me a note
that Cory, when he was couple
of years older had written her 
saying how much he loved her.
I thik I sent that on to Cory.
I am proud of you Jessica.

Pam



 

Comments

Pradeep Nair said…
The solar light sounds like a great idea!
Ann said…
I like your mailbox. The inside looks great.
What a sweet story about Cory
Marie Smith said…
Well done young woman. Great family story there!
Liz A. said…
The light on your mailbox is cool. I hope you all are staying cool this summer.
Darla M Sands said…
Your mailbox looks awesome! I might copy you on that thank you note. :) Thank you for sharing Jessica's accomplishments; we can all do for something to celebrate these days. And that's a precious story about her and Cory. Thanks for the smiles and have a blessed day, my dear.
BeachGypsy said…
Pam I love your fancy mailbox!!--- great job! Bet your mail carrier enjoys it too

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom