Sewing Tin, Family History, The Girls and Lighting the Old Girl Up

 Would you believe, that 
I still have boxes to unpack?
Yep, about three or four.
I started working on the boxes the other 
night. Reason for being
still packed, I gave away my
china cabinet, and most of this
stuff was in it. 
 But for now, 
I thought I would 
store them over
the fridge.
The cabinet above the 
fridge is not like the 
normal tiny ones that 
used to be put above
the fridge....It stills out 
a lot more over the 
fridge making it deeper
which in turns, makes it 
a lot more wasted space if
you don't use it...
so for now, I am using it.

Unpacking one box 
I ran across this tin 
that mom gave me many
many years ago. 
A tin that belonged
to my great granny.
It was her sewing tin.

The stuff in there was
put there by my great granny.

She has been gone since I 
was in the 10th grade.
WOW.....FOREVER
ago!
I would have to go back and 
check but I think she 
was 96 when we lost her

To me, she was an amazing woman.
She married, had four boys.
Hubs past from his appendix busting,
he was in his 30s. 
She raised her boys, her two
old maid sisters moved in with
her and they all lived
together till they were all 
gone.
 
On the left is my 
great aunt Etta, middle is 
great aunt Gusty and 
my great granny.

Great granny with her boys.


Not sure which is which on 
each end, the one right
next to GG, in the front,
is her son William and
in the very back is my 
granddaddy.

Etta was the first to pass, leaving
the two ladies, then William,
moved in with them.


GG lost her hubs, both
sisters, and all four boys
before we lost her. 

I had to be about to head
into my teen years when
this pic was taken.
Me, GG, oldest brother
Ray, and youngest 
brother Mark.
GG is holding our dog
Pumpkin.


There will be
NO
quiz on my faimly,
aren't you glad?
haha

Let's just move on to 
the girls.

Lily Bit was on the other
end of the couch from
me, just napping away,
so I had to snap a pic.


We have had a cold front come
through this week and
Misty has been 
loving the cable box.

Both these girls make
me laugh!

FYI....in the pic with Misty is
a metal piece my younger
brother made for me...
its
The Painter.

This apparently happened
April 3, 2024. 
AMAZING.


Do you like things around
your house like The 
Painter? And do you 
know some if not most
of your family history?

Pam

 

Comments

Ann said…
I remember playing in a box that my aunt had. I think hers only had buttons in it though. The good old days.
Mari said…
Your grandma had a lot of loss in her life. Sweet pic of her with you kids.
I know a lot of family history, but I bet there is more I don't know!
Sandee said…
A beautiful post filled with family. Your grandma sure had lots of pain in her life.

Your kitties are most adorable.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Marie Smith said…
Your great gran was quite a woman to raise four sons with the help of her sisters as she did. The women in your family are strong and determined, Pam.
BeachGypsy said…
Love old family pictures Pam! I well remember the floral printed " house dresses or everyday dresses" that my ancestors wore! Aprons too. 😊 wow--- great shot that lucky photographer got of the lightning!!
Liz A. said…
Some boxes stay packed for years. I think you're unpacking is going just fine.
Ruptured appendix! That had to be a painful way to go, not only for him, but those around him.
Jeanie said…
This post hits on a timely day as I'm doing the final proof of my family history book -- 309 pages going back to the 1700s on one side and 1500s of the other. Boy, you catch a lot on a print proof you don't on a computer pdf -- I don't know how many times I've read through it! Your family history is so interesting and your great grandmother sounds like quite a woman. I loved every photo and aren't you lucky to have them? So many of those things get lost or pitched over the generations. And that sewing box is so special.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom