Plants, Bench, Trees, Storm Trooper, and the Eastern Tent Caterpillar.

 I planted these seeds last 
year, they were from seeds
that I got at my friends moms,
funeral, Beverly ..
They did well last year and 
seem to be coming back with a 
bang this year.

I have a massive amount
of caterpillars like 
this one around the house.

Here are some other
plants I had last yr. 
Came back again.
And my favorite one
is my sedum.
I think this is my
reddish brown.

This is a ground cover, 
drop it on the ground, and 
off it goes. That is why it is
in a pot!!


I have planted a lot of 
seeds in the two beds that
I made, can't wait to 
see what comes up.

Sunday, I got this put
together. One of two I 
have. My oldest brother
gave these to me. 
I think I told you that
he has an inventory of this
stuff from Santa Cruz,
Bolivia. It is a type of wood
that is resistant to termites
and rot for 75 yrs.


 I put it together on the back 
deck....
haha, but it needs
to be on the front porch, and 
it is way to heavy put 
together so I need
help moving it.
Amber was here early
and we both forgot. 

Just in the past couple of days
my wooded area has 
really started turning green.
I saw this home the first time
in the fall and there was 
not really much left on the 
trees so I am excited to see it
for summer.

The woman next door
has two babies. This is
Storm Trooper, he is so 
sweet and deaf.


Check out those eyes. 

I did not get a pic of 
Syla, she is the one
that barks at me all the time.
I speak to them every time I am 
out and they are too. Today mom, 
was out so I went to the 
fence to pet them.


Like I said, I have a mess
of these at the house.
I have seen these all my
life but I looked them up
today. As pretty as these
Eastern Tent Caterpillars
are, they are not that pretty
when they turn, they are
a brown moth.
I also saw pics of them in 
a web like thing on 
the internet and I remembered
that I had those web like things
in the tree above the shed.
Now I know where they 
all came from.

Do you have caterpillars 
around your place?
Pam

 



Comments

Mari said…
Storm Trooper looks very sweet!
It's so fun to see things turn green, and watch plants come up.
I haven't seen many caterpillars yet. I'm not a fan of tent caterpillars. About 10 years ago the wreaked havoc in our area and trees were dying because of them. I hope you don't get too many!
Ann said…
All your plants looks so healthy. I can't put stuff in pots because I can never remember to keep them watered and stuff ends up dead.
Marie Smith said…
That dog has an adorable face! No caterpillars here yet though we saw one on the boardwalk this past week.
Liz A. said…
I was going to say with all the caterpillars you should have a great batch of butterflies. Sigh. Sorry they're brown moths.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom