Leanna, Hello Card, Yard Work, Snake, Hummingbird and Neighbors

 This is Leanne Green. 
 
Last week she has been missing
for 35 yrs. 
Her brother picked her up at work
around 9pm and they ran out 
of gas. Apparently, a couple came by,
offered a ride, Leanna's brother's
went with them to get gas, gone about ten
minutes but when they came back, Leanna
was gone and never to be seen 
again. 
There was no sign of a struggle, or anything.

I had forgotten that this took place
in Dickson. The city where I shop
a lot because it butts up next to 
Hickman Co. This happened on Highway
46 which is the main road coming
off the interstate, but back then, 
there would not have been much
traffic, growth had not hit Dickson
then.

There was none to no DNA testing back 
then. However, years later before
Phil and I went to work for the TBI,
we worked together to photograph
the items from LeAnna's purse.
That would have been around
2006 or early 2007. Phil was the young
photographer I worked with and
he went to the TBI late 2007, and 
helped to bring me over in 08.
But anyway, we laid out each item,
on a covered table to so Phil
could photograph each item for 
the TBI.
So strange to be handling
those items, reading her notes, 
looking at her pics etc...
strange and so sad.
Fear that this case will never
be solved. And thinking now that
I live up this way, with all 
these woods, wondering where
she could be.
Can't image as her family
living with not knowing.
She would be 53 today.

One of my besties lives
in SC. Not seen her in 
about a year, but I wanted 
to let her know that
I was thinking of her, so 
I made her a card.

Love this.

For those that don't understand
Fibromyalgia let me share this 
with you~
although folks think I go
and go, most are not 
aware of the down time my
body requires.
Saturday I drove 1.5 hrs, 
to shoot a wedding. There from 3 till
after 6 and then I drove 1.5 hrs home.
Sunday, I slept most of the day. 
By body hates being on my
feet for long spans of time, 
esp on concrete. I was warn
out. 
Monday, up at 4am (thank you, 
Lily), and went strong.
Tried out my auger bits in my 
drill, I augered nine holes, 
planted five trees, and four 
bushes. Mowed the yard, took
B to the othro doc, went by the store,
and then watered the 
plants. 

I got the five holes in the ground,
planted to trees. Left three
off to the side to work on 
later. When I watered, I picked
up the three trees in one hand, 
to move them and looked 
down, to see this curled up.... 

Thank goodness, a baby.
I have been told by my friend, 
Pam (I know several Pam's),
she is my go to when I don't know
what sort of bug one is, or a bird
or just any critter. According to her
this is a DeKays Brown Snake.
HARMLESS!
Thank goodness.
I just figured since I had been
warned, that it was a rattlesnake, 
but what do I know,
not snakes that is for sure.

I already make it a given to 
check under the mower seat
before I get on the mower, 
but I am going to have to make
it a point to be careful with plants,
pots and other stuff. 

I am so excited about my
hummingbird. So pretty.





Guessing the caterpillars
are all cocooned up and 
getting ready to become
moths cause they have all
disappeared.

I have seen the friendly frog
two days in a row and now
a snake.
haha..

Thinking I am going to make
an area for the frog, with a house,
a pool and maybe a condo!
lol..
make all the wildlife happy,
all except the snakes.

Both neighbors were out
on Monday.

 

Here is hoping you are
having a great day,
Pam








Comments

Liz A. said…
You get a lot more projects done than I ever get to.

Scary about that disappearance. She'd be my age, but I suspect that she's long dead now.
Ann said…
How very sad about Leanne Green. I can't imagine having a family member disappear and never knowing what happened to them.
That giraffe is really cute.
I never had luck attracting humming birds.
Wow, 35 years missing, that's a very sad story. I just read an article today about a bone in a rock collection (someone in AZ, I think?) that turned out to be a jaw bone from a military pilot from many years ago. You never know what might turn up to connect the dots!
Diane said…
A great post but a sad beginning, I guess now there will never be an answer to Leanne Green. How terrible for the family.

So happy the snake was left to enjoy the rest of its life, I have a soft spot for reptiles but I also like to know which is which!!

Take it easy. Cheers Diane
That poor girl, what a mystery. I love that card, so cute, the snake not so much!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom