Trip to Town, Going Away...again, Lunch, and Nap on Glider

I went to Nashville on 
Tuesday, for all things
a going away party......for
me.

Yep...
I have not been to work at
Photo Services since before
my surgeries last yr. 
But I did not officially leave
until last month. Theresa
wanted to keep me on the 
books just in case I decided
to come back. 
Being sick the first nine 
months of last year, surgeries,
the move....
I was done.

Keep in mind that Theresa (boss
at photo serv) and
Tammy (asst. director for
General Services....
Several areas fall under
GS including photo servs. 
and printing. Tammy was my 
boss in printing when I worked
there. But anyway, keep in 
mind that Tammy and Theresa
threw me a going away 
party when I left to move
over to the TBI in 2008.
And again this time.

I got to the office and
there was all sorts of 
treats and a room full of
folks to say bye.
In printing they put 
this together and printed
up a few copies.
Oh my, where did they find
all these pics.



 

The friends I have made through
the years are amazing and I am
so happy to have them all in 
my life. 

I never expected a going away 
party as a contract employee.
Its nice to have friends for
so many years and stay in contact
with them, keeping them in your
size.
 
I ran through Dickson on 
the way home, went to a couple
of shops, dropped off some 
boxes of stuff to the Dickson
Help Center. All proceeds go 
to helping the homeless.
Ate lunch at a place on the 
square.


I just love small town
squares. This one is one
way and driving between parked
cars is tight....love it.


Then I was tired so I came
home, curled up on the 
glider and watched some
tv while the girls watched
the birds.


I dozed off around five, then
my daughter called on her
drive home, waking me.

Wed. I have an apt with 
chiro. I am down to twice
a week now and will be happy
to get it down to once a week.
My trips are 40 mins each way, 
appointments are at 12:45, which
sort of waste a whole day. 

Here is hoping that you 
are having a great week,
Pam





 

 



 

 


 




Comments

Marie Smith said…
How wonderful to be appreciated as you are!
Liz A. said…
Do the chiropractor visits seem to be helping? That would make the effort all worth it.
Ann said…
How nice of them to have the party for you.
Mari said…
Happy Retirement! I'm glad they appreciated you. That's a cute picture of you!
Christine said…
That's really nice to have a retirement party thrown for you.
Jeanie said…
How wonderful to be feted by your colleagues. I love the displays and it looks like a really terrific time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom