Hag Stones, Crystals, Watching Cars, Lunch ad Mailboxes

 I yesterday's post I 
mentioned hag stones.
Here are two that B and I found.
These are not small stones
both are as big as my hand.

It is said that you are supposed to
 be able to view the Fairy Realm
when you look through a hag stone.
But he careful the Fae are
fickle.
I have yet to look through
mine yet...haha.

B was really taken with the
busting of the rocks.
 

 
B and I had a great time and 
I was blown away over the 
fact that he had never gotten
into busting up snows. 

Realized that I had not
had many pics of the 
girls on my post lately, 
so here is Misty watching cars
go by.

On Sat. I headed to my long time
stomping grounds, 
AKA home city.
Since Taziki's is not on the
menu of places to eat
around me and I love it,
I stopped in for lunch in 
Hermitage.

I was in that area for a photo
shoot, my sis in law hired
me to shoot the baby shower of
her nephews baby.
While there, I went to bank, by Theresa's
house to pick up flowers
she left out for me since 
she was not going to be there,
lunch, by Chris' house and paid 
him for work he has done on
my mower, stopped by Goodwill 
and then over to the shower.
After the shower, I ran by
my brothers house and waited
for my sis in law, she had
some shirts for me. Till
she got there I visited with my
brother. 

Now jumping back a 
few days, on Friday I grabbed
my camera when I took 
B to school and then I 
went riding around on 
backroads that I have not 
visited yet.
  
Found some interesting
mailboxes.
This one makes me 
think of a tad over done with
such a big pole.


The easy fix I guess.
Course, like my box, there
is no telling how many times
it had been taken out
by a car. This would do
damage.

 For the UT fans
out there...
University of Tn.
Just wondering why
they did not attach to the
top of the post instead 
of the side?

This was cool, mailbox
mounted on a rock.


It always interest me to see
what people do!

How about you, does anyone
around your area have
any different, interesting, 
creative mailboxes that 
you see daily, or just around 
you?

Pam










Comments

BeachGypsy said…
I love seeing interesting mailboxes! Fun To see. I like your drives around the country
Liz A. said…
It must have been nice to get back to your old stomping grounds for a while. We don't have interesting mailboxes here. My condo complex has a mail room where I have a small box.
Ann said…
I don't see many unusual mailboxes around here. I guess people here are just boring...lol
Marie Smith said…
In the countryside around the island some people have interesting mailboxes at the end of long driveways!
Darla M Sands said…
I shared once before on my blog a picture of the local mailbox painted purple with flames, like a custom car. :) You're adventurous time sounds interesting, if exhausting to an introvert like me. lol I so want to spend time with you; I have never split rocks open.

As for the side mounted mailbox, perhaps they hope to save the box even if the post gets hit by a careless driver. ??? And I'm curious, why is it such an issue? Are people driving too fast on narrow roads? At any rate, best wishes, my dear.
It's nice to see you girls! The food sure looks good and some of those mailboxes are pretty interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom