Congrats Card, Rocks and Tour Around Piney River

 I have told you all about
Everleigh's (Evie) parents before.
But he is a refreshing course...
Hannah just turned 19 and 
Big B (Brayden) is 20. 
Hannah just turned 15 when 
Evie was born and B was 16.
Yes, they are still together. 
B even moved in with 
Hannah and her family
for a bit. But, moving on,
Hannah and B just got their
first apartment together.
Moving in today which is 
Friday. I had some extra stuff,
like measuring cups and 
spoons, pots I was going 
to donate since I bought some 
new when I moved. A gridle, 
instant pot I don't use anymore,
new wash closets, rugs, laundry
basket, and dirty clothes basket, 
I bought some plates, bowls, cups and
utensils for them to start out with. 
Anyway, I mailed them a 
hand painted card today. 
I am on a roll for sure.

So happy for them and I sure
do hope they are able to 
remain together thru the years.

My B and I had fun yesterday. When 
I picked him up at school we went
by Piney River and check out
a swimming spot for the summer.
Course B needed to get in 
there and check it out. 

Skipping rocks.


This is an art form I never
learned to master.

Hickman Co. is covered with 
streams, rivers, creeks and 
such. Any back roads you take
you always run into them.


But being out there with B
I was able to introduce him 
to rock hunting.
We were looking for fossils and
whatever else we liked.
Interesting print on this rock.


This made me think of a pawn print. 

 
And the beauty among the rocks.


Do you know what a hag stone is?
It is a rock with a natural hole 
formed all the way through it.

This however is not quit there, 
the hole did not go all 
the way through. But it 
looks like a small shell
embedded in it. 

 Another holy rock.


Another imprinted fossil like
rock.


I was walking along when I noticed
the rock below, my first
thought was a toasted 
marshmallow! 


On a bench at the wading hole
was this decor. 

 
Have you ever noticed
how many rocks take on 
the shape of a heart?
I saw a lot yesterday.

I did not see this 
bed of hearted rocks until
we were leaving so I did not
pick what I saw up to place
here.


Look how pretty and 
peaceful looking.
 
Oh yes, B and I are
thinking that at some point
this him and I need to 
rent a canoe and get going 
down the river.


When we got home we 
scanned the rocks we found 
to see if we had anything fun.
Then I took B out to the 
driveway so we could take 
a hammer to some 
of what we found.

In my driveway I have a lot
of Quartz but we had found
some round rock that I knew
if you took a hammer to they
would be crystal like inside.
B had never done that before
so I had to teach him the 
art of busting rocks!

The white in the center
 of the pic below is 
a quartz.

Too more shots from the river.



I saw these hanging around
the river, I was told on 
FB that these are pods from
Milkweed.


Hoping you enjoyed your tour 
around Piney River.

Pam


 

 

 




Comments

Best of luck to Hannah and B, they have so many things working against them. I too hope they make it. It is interesting what you can find when you look closely at rocks. We have a dish that we put any heart shaped rocks that we find.
Jeanette said…
That is a nice card you painted for them. Best of luck to both of them! Such a lovely river!
Sandee said…
Moving in together is exciting. I wish them both well. How exciting.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥
Marie Smith said…
Great way to spend time with B!
Liz A. said…
That's a great way to get rid of stuff--give it to someone starting out. Win-win. Looks like a nice day at the river.
Ann said…
Best of luck to Evie and her parents on their new home. I like the card you painted for them.
You sure are having fun exploring your new surroundings.
Darla M Sands said…
I'm so proud of these two children's (!) brave early decisions after conceiving their baby; all my love and best wishes to this responsible young couple's family. Thank you for the lovely photographic tour, my dear, and blessings to you all.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom