Welcome to June, Robin Williams, The Egg, Wren, Nose and Watermelon

 Welcome to 

Boy, this year is moving right along.
HAHA
What am I talking about, I always heard
time flies as you age....
and man does it!

Tim made it in from the 
Philippines Monday evening.
He has his car, a key to 
the house and he does his
own thing. Things he needs
to handle while here in the 
states. I am good with that,
no entertaining anyone.
He will be heading to West
Va. to visit an aunt and uncle
in a few days. Then back here
and down to Fla to visit mom,
dad, and brothers for a few weeks.

We talking the other evening
and he asked me did I see
the movie Otto? He said it
had Tom Hanks in it and he
watched it on one of his
flights to get here. With 
that we both talked about how
good and actor Tom was and
I threw in that I have always
liked him but along with him, 
Robin Williams. 
When I got in from work
yesterday this was sitting
on the chair in the 
living room.

That was so nice.
PLUS~ the dishes I left on 
the cabinet (yes I do that)
were all piled in the sink. The
throws I had laying on the
couch, were folded and 
put away.
WOW.....Not had anyone in a 
very long time go behind
me and pick up after me.
HAHA
I could learn to like that....
can I keep him?
NOPE~
I am not liking it that much!
There is prob not a man on 
the earth that would ever
put up with me as cantankerous,
lazy and no fun as I am!

Going to the car the other
day I happened to notice
this babe under the bush.
There is a nest in the bush,
so I assume it either got
pushed out or kicked out..


I was looking at a chart that
showed what eggs
went to what birds and it 
is hard to tell. It could be several
but the ones I think it is,
I don't think we have those
birds around here...
Who knows!

But I do know this bird..
Wren and why is it in my kitchen?  
When I came in from work Wed.
evening, I came in, fed the babes,
changed clothes, grabbed the lap
top and headed to the deck. 
An hour later I keep wondering
what the girls were doing cause
I kept hearing jumping, bumping 
and just strange noises 
coming from inside the house.
I went into the kitchen to see
the girls going wild and this poor
babe flying all over.

Now I know how these small little
babes get on the deck, and I do need
to fix the issue, but most days
that requires an effort. 
Anyway, I used a deep plastic
bowl and slide it over the bird, then 
slid the top under the bowl to 
catch the bird in and it not
flying off.
Took it right off the deck and opened
the lid and it flew 
right off. Having Lily the 
high jumper after it and 
Misty doing pretty good hunting 
it down, that bird was 
prob thrilled when I caught it/


Six months after Christmas, and
Rudolph still has not found where
he left his nose!


And so it starts.......
                                       watermelon season!!!!

I picked this up yesterday,
and boy is it good! Got it at Aldi
and the sticker on it said, "Super
Sweet," and 
it is.

SO GOOD!



Pam





Comments

Darla M Sands said…
Best wishes, my dear. You are awesome.
Ann said…
Nice to have such a thoughtful house guest. I've been wanting to see the movie he was talking about. One streaming channel only had the trailor and another had it for rent but I'm too cheap to pay for it.
Marie Smith said…
You dispatched that bird so quickly, Pam. Well done! Better than I would have done for sure.
Christine said…
Reminds me I left my watermelon uncut in the kitchen
Liz A. said…
Um, you're not lazy. You might have days where you don't do much, but that isn't lazy.
I always did like Robin Williams, he was quite the hoot. Did you send Batman to get Robin out?
Watermelon ... delicious :)

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom