True Love

 For all of my blogging friends that
actually, started following me
after I lost my best bud, then you did not 
get to learn about 
Dakota 
AKA
THE KING
and for those that knew of him,
I am going to refresh your memory.

I got Tiger Lily
AKA
Lily Bit
because my dog needed a pet.
Yep, you read that correctly.
Dakota has spent ten years being 
dropped off at my moms on my way 
to work, but when I retired, that
stopped and he got to acting
like a grumpy old man.

These pics were taken just a few
days after Lily came to live
wtih us.
He was ten, she was 12 weeks.

You could not have asked for
an better of a relationship.
They loved each other from 
the start.
It was a BIG chance I was taking
cause as a kid and teen I had been
really allergic to cats. The 2nd reason 
was cause the only cats Dakota had
ever been around was the ones he
chased out of the yard. 

But, within an hour of these
two being together, they were
wrestling.
For the first year of her life,
Lily slept either leaning up
next to Dakota or
reaching out her paw to touch
him as she slept.
Honestly, the last three years
of Dakota's life was happy and he
was well loved by not only me,
but by Lily.

Lily would even hang out at the door
waiting for Dakota to come back
in from the bathroom.
Nap time for Dakota, Lily
was settling in and about to 
nap with him.

Lily just wanted to be 
near him.
I miss these two together.

As you can see in the pic
below, not much changed as
Lily grew.
When I grew up, if you had a dog
and cat, one usually lived outside.
I don't remember ever hearing 
of dogs and cats living together 
like this.

Check out Dakota's paw, like
she is saying, "this is my best
friend"....





Special love between a dog
and a cat.

I miss my bud so much and 
I am sure Lily Bit does
too.

Pam














Comments

Rhodesia said…
What fabulous memories and of course I remember Dakota and Lily bit when she first arrived. I am sure she misses him as much as you do. Take care and keep well. Diane
Liz A. said…
Of course I remember Dakota.
Darla M Sands said…
~sniffles and hugs~
Christine said…
Sweet mrmories
Ann said…
I remember Dakota and when you first got Lily Bit.
Bill said…
What sweet memories to have.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom