Visiting Blogs and Answering Questions and Touching Mom

 Wednesday while blogging
I visited Pam over at
First time visitor to 
her blog. 

The day I visited she had a blog
full of questions.
I replied and answered some
of those on her blog but
decided it might be
a good topic for mine.

Here is that post.



Pam's first question was
what sort of house do you
live in?
I live in a brick split level
home with stairs/steps 
all around.

My home.
My Haven on the Hill

Stairs from the basement, steps
up to the deck and steps
up to the front porch. 

I have three bedrooms and 
two baths, a dining room,
kitchen (of course), living
room and den. Under all 
that I have a garage and 
full basement. 
I also went from living on 
a nice level lot to
sitting on a hill~
My Haven on the Hill.
Most of you know that I
bought my childhood home.
The home my parents purchased
in 1967 when I was seven yrs
old. 

Next question was~

2. How do you accessorize your home inside and 
out? Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe
music in the background?
I am the type that feels like NO WALL
SHOULD BE BLANK. 

I have
pics and painting on my walls.
I have books on the shelve in
the hall and the TV is usually
going.

This pic was taken when 
I moved in but since I have
moved some of those
pics around.

This is on the wall
in the BR.


In the living room.


And I just took this
one for this post.
Might be time to pack
up the Snow Folks.


Outside, yes, I love to decorate
my outside. When I moved in 2020
I got rid of stuff I had in the yard
and I need to work on that however,
I am still trying to make my
inside to my liking. You that follow
also know that my days are a challenge
with my chronic illness.

I made this bed to hold
plants from the other house
BUT

Before the summer was
out, it grew to 
this.


Outdoor decor.



I have removed the curtains,
they stay way to wet with
this open deck.



3 What objects do you have on your
coffee table, side tables, night stands
and dining table?
I do not have a coffee table.
I find that it catches my clutter.
My end tables have reading glasses,
coasters and lamps. Same for 
night stands. 
No pics to show...
But I did take this
beautiful pic of Misty
this past Christmas of
her on the dining table.


Dining table has
a tray I made with wooden
candle holders that I also made.

4. Do you like your kitchen organized and 
counters cleared? Or do you prefer to 
have things you use on the counters? Do you 
mind people seeing your clutter? Do you like
having to do tools and appliances out 
when you need them?
I would love my kitchen to be organized,
do you know someone who can
come do that and keep it
that way? LOL...I prefer to have
things where I can grab them 
without having to dig for them.

However, in this pic the
coffee pot is pulled away from the
wall and that basket of
stuff don't go there.

Things like Instant Pot,
Crock Pot and things like that
I dig out. I hate for folks to 
see my clutter, however, as much
as my life (body) has changed, 
it usually happens. I need to
learn to not care.
Please do not judge!

Due to my Fibro, I have
learned to embrace being 
lazy! Have a friend that used
to call me Wonder Woman.
I was raising two kids,
working full time and sometimes
doing extra like cleaning houses, 
I was always cleaning and 
organizing at my home.
She used to tell me I needed
to learn to relax. Wishing I could
do that without pain...
but it is what it is. 

I think that takes care of the 
questions Pam asked on her
blog. 

Thanks for stopping in,
Pam

HI!
If you followed the furbabes
blog at all you know that
I was always playing with
mom's winter gloves.
I found her stash a long time
ago and I took using them
as gifts I took to mom
when she slept.
BUT
a few months ago mom made
the bedroom into a closet and 
she stored those gloves in
there some where.....
So, there went that fun. 

Mom is always amazed at
how she thinks she has
us figured out, haha, then
we change things up.

Something new I just started
that surprised mom.

The other night mom was
sitting on the couch and I 
crawled up behind her.
After a few minutes, I had
to reach out and touch 
her hair. I just lay there
and "touch" her.


I did it again yesterday!


I think mom loves it cause
I want to touch her
and be close to her.

I love mom,
Misty





Comments

Liz A. said…
The trick to the kitchen is to set everything up so that the things you need are out but not obviously so (so they look like they belong and are not clutter). I have no idea how to accomplish this.
Christine said…
Great Q&A! I like things out where I can see them too. Not easy to keep that looking good but...
BeachGypsy said…
HOWDY there Pam! Thank you for having us, loved visiting in your home! Im just like you....NO BLANK walls, LOL! I was doing "gallery walls" way way before they were a "thing". ha ha LOL I've always put up way way too many pictures, hey, but now it's in style, LOL. Love that garden space, I do my plates in the ground just like you did. I would put a chair right there and a splashing fountain, very peaceful place to sit a spell...and the privacy wall right there, pretty. Have a great weekend!
You did a really good job answering all those questions!
Ann said…
Fun question and answers.
Jeanie said…
I always enjoy these Q&As! Love seeing your home and art. I'm out of walls! Hapy week!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom