Airplane Seating and Chey

I watch Talk of the Table in 
the morning.
Today, I saw them talking 
about an airplane hack and
asked how you feel about it.
The hack is that a couple
or two folks flying
together will take the 
window seat and 
the outside seat, leaving
the middle seat with no
one in it. The thought is 
that if the plane is not full
they can have that extra seat
for stuff and have more
room to move around.

BUT, say that a person comes
along and takes that middle
seat. Do you offer to move over
next to your travel mate, giving
that single person the outside
or window seat?

Apparently, single people are
fighting back with not moving
over, staying in the single seat
to try and stop people from
trying this hack.
Knowing that, would you
allow the couple to
be next to each other, or
stay between them?

Next question, if you stay between them,
how would you handle them 
reaching over you or 
trying to talk to each
other?

First question ~ I would take
either seat that the couple
offered so they could sit
together. 
BUT, depending on 
my mood and their 
attitude, I might take the 
middle seat. But likely not, 
unless they are 
REALLY
RUDE.

If I did take the middle
seat, how would I handle
the talking over or around
me, passing things to
each other?
I would say something. I 
would do it nicely and
see where that gets me.
And there again, if they 
are rude, I can be rude 
also.

Answer the three questions
above!

Normally I share pet or
critter pics and stuff
on the furbabes blog but
today I am sharing some
here.

Chey is on day four of 
not eating. So off to 
the vets yesterday.
Not only is she not eating
she is not getting on the 
bed or the couch.
She appears to have trouble
getting up and when she
does she reminds me of when
my back and or hip is
in pain, I stand, and 
get used to that before I step.

Dr. King found her back 
as in pain when he
felt of her cause she
cried out.
Usually, a disc issue.
Steroids.

I also told him that on 
Friday when I was
in the yard I found 
a mole that Chey had
gotten hold of. 
I also mentioned however, 
that she had not had
diarrhea or throwing up.
We both felt maybe the 
pain was keeping her
from eating.

Today, not so sure.
I usually give her meds
crushed and mixed with 
her food. Not eating,
what to do. I mixed it
yesterday with a treat,
a spoonful of ice cream.
She did not eat.

Later I tried it again, still
no. 
I crushed it and mixed with
just enough water
to dissolve it and 
sucked it up in a syringe.
I gave it to her that way,
30 mins later, threw it up.

Since then, I have cleaned up
after her about 10
times. She throws up 
every time she drinks.

My daughter had a text
into Dr King (she worked
for him 10 yrs). 
I have to go pick
up the laptop and try to 
work from home.
I have billing for Dec
to close out. I have to
do it today. 

Going to put her in the kitchen, make
her a bed and run to town.

While at the vets
I took a pic of Stacy.
Stacy was a cat left on 
the porch of the office
years ago. Beautiful
Tortie. BEAUTIFUL. 
But, Stacy had not only
a Tortie-tude she
had catatude also. 
She became the office
mascot to replace
Phil and his sister that
had passed away.
She stayed downstairs and 
away from everyone.
A few years ago Amber
took me down to meet her.
She wanted nothing to do with 
that. 
Now, she lays in a cat 
bed on the counter of the
office. I was able to 
even pet her.


Later on Patches came
to be another mascot
and making her home 
there at the office.

She was laid out on 
the office couch but 
got down to greet Chey.

Patches was found by
Dr. King's wife, where she
was living outside and not
being cared for. Not feral 
and very friendly. 

What beautiful babes to 
be office mascots. 

Update on Chey....Doc King
said to bring her in and drop 
her off. 
Please, keep her in your 
prayers.

Pam


Comments

Sandee said…
Prayers for Chey. Please let us know.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the furbabes and healing hugs to Chey. ♥
Purrs and prayer to dear Chey from all of us.
Christine said…
You deserve whatever happens if you are trying that airport hack haha.
Ann said…
I would rather not sit between the two travel companions. I definitely wouldn't like having them talk or reach over me. I would have to offer to switch seats with one or the other and if they didn't accept that then I would have to complain.
Liz A. said…
Apparently pain is not Chey's only issue. I hope Chey's okay.
Jeanie said…
I'd negotiate for the aisle seat and aisle seat only. Otherwise, I sit in the middle and cough loudly and frequently into my mask. (Which I would also be doing if I was on the aisle, with or without the couple because that's just what I do on a daily basis. That's bronchiectasis for you. I'd put my table down, because that's what I always do, with my computer on it. Or my book if not flying with computer. And just act like normal.

Now, what really gets me in this is Chey. I'm terribly worried and know he care is good but still.... that's very scary when your furball baby is hurting. Sending all good wishes that something can be done and soon.
Marie Smith said…
Oh Pam. Keeping good thoughts for Chey! I pray Chey can be helped back to as good as new.
catladymac said…
Sending Chey purrayers and Power of the Paw to find something that helps sweet Chey !
Darla M Sands said…
I'm so sorry you lost Cheyenne. ~hugs~ I adore the puppy photos, by the way. :D As for airplane travel, that 'hack' doesn't seem worthwhile to me. Adding more potential stress to a cramped, uncompromising situation is dumb. And flying solo, seated between two strangers, holds zero appeal. I prefer the window seat every time. These days my attitude is: if I can't drive there, I'd rather stay home. ~nods~ Be well, my dear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom