Dresses, Makeup, Elliston Place Soda Shop and Family

In looking at the 
older dresses I 
realized what I like
and don't like...
not a fan of the slim
trim tight fitting, 
and I like 

 

the full skirts
like the one below.

I also like the dresses
that don't hug
the neck.

I know some guys
are not fans of their
women/wives
wearing makeup,
but the difference is
amazing!

I think it just
helps to bring the 
natural beauty out
more.

Wed. morning my sis
in law, Kim, picked me
up and we headed to downtown
to Elliston Place Soda Shop.
We were going for an early
breakfast and meeting
family that was in town
from Georgia. 

It was early when we
entered, not
many folks there. 


I just love this place.


I had coffee while 
waiting on family.



This is my family.

Left to right..
Kenny, he is married to
my cousin, Kathy. Great guy.
Kimmy, my sis in law.
Terry, married to my other
cousin. In front of 
Terry is his wife and 
my cousin Tammy
 (two yrs younger
than me),
my uncle Jerry (83 yrs old),
me of course acting 
nuts and playing like I am
singing in the mic, and that
is my cousin and long time
friend Kathy (a yr older than
me). 
I have not seen this bunch since
mom's funeral in Jan. of 2019.
After breakfast they were
off and at it touring Nashville.
I love this bunch of
folks so much.

My uncle Jerry was married
to my mom's sister. My aunt
Carolyn has been gone about
12 years now. Kathy and 
Kenny, Tammy and Terry 
have been married forever!

For those that have never
been to Nashville and Elliston
Place, here's the history~

IT ALL BEGAN WITH
A BOY ON A BICYCLE.

Lynn Chandler spent his youth pedaling from the family farm to work at Nashville pharmacies. He learned the business from the bottom up and was drawn to the soda fountain most of all. In 1939, a 23-year-old Chandler bought the soda fountain business of Elliston Pharmacy–and the rest is history.

IN THE 83 YEARS SINCE

We’ve made a name for ourselves by treating people like family, and treating them to the best stick-to-your-ribs comfort food around.

After decades of success, the future of Elliston Place Soda Shop became uncertain in 2019. To keep the Nashville original alive, Tony and Lisa Giarratana purchased Elliston Place Soda Shop and set out to preserve its essential qualities for future generations.

That’s what they’ve done, and that’s what we welcome you to be part of. The Elliston Place Soda Shop is waiting. Come on by.



The article talked
about Elliston Places 
future, it was due
to shut down due to 
rental issues. They were
in luck with a developer 
wanting to purchase the
shop, moved next door
to a larger place and 
reopened in 2020.

Thanks for taking time 
to visit,
Pam








 


 




Comments

Sandee said…
The soda shop reminded me of the soda shop in Thrifty Drug Store. I worked there for years.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
That was a fun tour, love that photo shop and the party bunch sure had fun, I know it! Hey, that's not so much makeup as it is a disguise.
Liz A. said…
That makeup was a bit much, though. It looked like it was caked on.

Sounds like it was good to meet up with that side of your family.
Marie Smith said…
It is wonderful to see family, especially if it’s been a while. Fun looking group.
Ann said…
I like the second dress but don't care much for the first.
I saw that thing with the makeup on FB. I agree that the difference is amazing but to me that's like hiding behind a mask. The natural beauty is in the original picture, the after is pure fake.
Christine said…
I like both dresses

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom