Dress, Trees, Car, and Town

The dress I posted
yesterday and this one
today came from
a FB page called
For the Love of Old Homes.
From time to time
they post old cars and 
dresses.

This one is really nice
too....the large flower
would have to go though.
I love the fluffy stand out
skirts.

 

Crape Myrtle bush
across the street.

So pretty. 
Rain came through this
afternoon so a lot of 
the leaves have prob
fallen off.
But this morning the 
leaves were still on the
trees, not as vibrant as before
but still pops of color.




Saw this on the way to town
this morning.
I love the one about 
stupid people!!


Flags were flying this
morning on the TN Tower.


Sheraton.
The top turns. I set
my purse down ones
and almost lost it as the floor
turned but the window
seal did not.

More of town.





For as many years as I 
can remember this 
was the Acme Feed
store. 
It is a restaurant now. 


The Acme Feed stands on 
this corner of Broadway and 
First Ave.
Broadway was a street
that you really did not
want to be caught walking
down. When I went to 
work for the state
in 1978 the street was 
littered with peep shows.
It/s only been maybe the 
the last 20 yrs since things 
started to change. Now it is the biggest
draw to tourist.

This is the upper part
of a bldg. on First Ave.

More to show later on.

Pam











Comments

Marie Smith said…
I really enjoyed that glimpse of the downtown!
BeachGypsy said…
Howdy Pam loved seeing your pretty Fall leaves and the shots of downtown. Ooh I love that gorgeous blue dress! Would be fun to swoop and swirl around in!
Sandee said…
I like yesterdays dress better. I'm to old for today's dress. It's pretty though.

Love all the fall foliage. Beautiful.

I chuckled over all the stickers on that Honda.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Liz A. said…
It's interesting how places change. So many places are getting gentrified that a couple decades ago were very unsavory.
Darla M Sands said…
Fantastic images! :D Be well, my dear.
Ann said…
Love the dress.
Thanks for the tour of downtown TN.
Christine said…
Pretty dress!
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, first of all, I want to thank you for visiting and following along with Nel's book. She expressed her gratitude for all those that followed along on her post today, and I thought about you, cause you really enjoy Halloween, and I believe this last chapter falls on Halloween.

I love this dress! - the color and the fluff skirt. It looks so vintage. You're starting to see some Fall in your area now. That crepe myrtle is so pretty. Glad you got some rain. We had one day of it, but we need more for sure. Well, I'll come back and catch up on your posts. Just got an oil change and haven't had my morning coffee yet haha.

~Sheri
Rhodesia said…
Interesting post seeing where you live.
Have a good weekend, Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom