DJ, Football and Broken Foot

 This is DJ, my middle grandson.
DJ was a different sort of 
a baby and child. 
He was attached to him
mom so much it was
unreal.
So much so that at a
couple months old mom
and dad went to a ball game
and I was watching DJ for
the first and last time.
He cried for his mom
the whole three to four
hours they were gone.
I could not take it.

As he grew we noticed that
he had OCD issues.
He could not stand things
to be out of place and he
was only like three yrs
old. His mom had a couple
of monkey figurines on the 
end table, it one got
turned around the wrong way
and he saw it, he had to 
fix that.
He was a loner, he was
not much of a talker and
he would not spend the
night away from home.

I worried that he would not
find his niche. I was afraid
that he would not have friends
or find his place.
I was wrong!
He made friends in school.
He is a good student and 
he found football!
This kid 
LOVES
his 

The day after the second game into his
8th grade year
he is waiting for the bus when
a friend, also in football comes
up messing around.
Dude tackles DJ, causing
DJ to fall on his own
foot and yes, 
he ended up in the
ER.


And just like that, two games
in, DJ's 8th grade season
of football is over.
He teared up when the 
doc told him. 

Amber emailed the coach
who said he really
hated this cause DJ was
moving on up but DJ will
be aloud to be part of the team.
He will ride the bus to games,
and he will sit on the side lines.

My heart hurts for him since
this is all he has waited
for this yr. 
He will also be aloud to 
be a part of 8th grade
night where the players
go on the field with parents
and family since this is 
the last yr to be a part
of middle school. 
This will be Sept. 15, 
Nana will be there.

Pam

 





Comments

Marie Smith said…
It is wonderful to see you child or grandchild come into their own. I hope next year will be a regular playing year for your darling grandson! He’s a handsome one too.
How awful that broken foot upended those special plans but I'm so glad he gets to participate in the team events.
Sally said…
Poor DJ - I know that's so disappointing. I'm glad though he'll be able to be with his teammates.

Like your friend Marie, I agree DJ sure is handsome youngun'. :)

xoxo
Sandee said…
So sad he's not going to play football. I hope he heals up quickly.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Ann said…
So sad. Sorry he has to miss playing but at least he can still be a part of the team.
Oh I hate that he has an injury and will pray today for quick and total healing. At least he can still be a part of the team. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Ouch DJ's foot looks painful. I do hope he heals quickly.
I'm so pleased that he will be able to be with his teammates though.

All the best Jan
Christine said…
So unfortunate
Darla M Sands said…
He seems to share unfortunate luck with his nana. I want to wrap you both up in soft blankets and keep you safe. ~hugs~ Best wishes!
Liz A. said…
Oh that's too bad. This is why kids shouldn't mess around like that. (I hope that other guy is sorry for ending DJ's season.)
Red Rose Alley said…
I'm so sorry DJ hurt his foot and can't play football. It's wonderful that he enjoys the game. My son played for many years. I'm glad DJ is doing well in school and is a good student, and has made friends. Love that photo of the football on the field. I can't tell you how many games I watched when my son played the sport. ; )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom