Challenges of Being Single Mom Raising Two Cats - Part 1

  With any pet there is

always challenges.

With my felines there has
been a couple of issues,
mostly over litter.

My biggest issue now
is Misty raising up 
when she pees. 

So when I went to Calif, I sat
up five boxes. Two like the
one below (which is what I normally
have sat up). Then I sat up 
two without the lids and to 
be sure they had enough
bathroom boxes I put the 
tall sided bin in there. 
I did not want T to have
to clean out boxes. 

My problem with Misty and
the ones with the lids is,
she goes in but don't turn around
so she raises up and shoots out
the door opening. There are flaps
that go there but my cats would not 
go in with them. 
However, that is not the only
issue with the lidded ones is, 
if Misty turns any little bit she
is not shooting out the door but
the pee runs between the top
and bottom, going outside
the unit.
That is the reason that there
is plastic down. 

Since I was putting ones in 
with no lids, to protect the walls
and keep everything on the plastic
I lined the wall with lids from 
bins.  Sort of like in the pic
above. 

Since I have been back from 
Calif. I have left all five
units up and I watched. 
Watched for what?
To see which ones the cats
used the most. 

I did not think they would like
the bin since they have 
to jump in...
and I was wrong.
That is the one they use the
most. Second choice is the 
boxes without lids.
Last of course are the ones
with lids. 

When I cleaned up the area
Thursday I sat the bin back up
and until I venture downstairs to 
see what else I have to use,
I sat the lidded one up. 

The cat room is in the smallest
guest room with the daybed, so 
having litter bins in there don't
bother me. 

How you like the title
to this post?

Pam

Comments

Ann said…
Cute title. My biggest issue when I had cats was keeping the dogs out of the litter box.
Marie Smith said…
We had our grand-dog and two Guinea pigs visiting while our daughter was out of tow for a long weekend. For us non pet owners it was a l o n g weekend for sure. We love those pets but they require lots of time and attention. Your pets are lucky to have such a dedicated owner.
Christine said…
The cleaning part is not fun
Jeanie said…
We were contemplating whether we should change Lizzie's box to one of those. I think my answer is nope!
Just remember, as they get older hopping in the bins won't be a good option. You might check out the NVR Miss: https://www.nvrmiss.com/
Darla M Sands said…
I do like the title. And the choice in litter boxes makes sense. A really smart cat guy says that lids, especially with flaps, close in the stink. And they don't like that. It's been my personal experience, too. If you can overlook his punk rock appearance, musician and cat lover Jackson Galaxy is well worth watching. He's got a Youtube channel. "My Cat From Hell" episodes are super cool and enlightening before lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/JacksonGalaxy

Best wishes, my dear, and good luck!
Liz A. said…
It sounds like you're working the problem. Then you can get all litter boxes that are of their preferred type.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom