One Great Granny and the Past


Ann at 
https://annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com/
told me this~
 I only had one
 great grandmother
 too. I don't know how
 old she was but she looked
 pretty ancient to me and
 wrinkled...lol
I only knew the one great
granny. She seemed to have
never changed in the yrs that I knew her. 
This is Great Granny, me,
and my two brothers. I was
about 12 in the above pic.

That is great granny to the left
in the pic below. Her son,
Uncle William and 
one of her sisters,
Augusta.

Left to right is great granny's
sister Etta, Augusta and
great granny.


The pic below was taken
long before I as born.
It is great granny and her
sons.
Left to right, not sure which
son that is. However, the one
in the back, dark hair with the 
window about his head is my
granddaddy, Horace. Horace was
mom's dad. The man standing in
front of great granny is 
Uncle William, the one
in the pic shown before.
And there again, the one of the 
end I am not sure about.
One would be my great uncle
Tom and the other
would be Paul. 
I knew all but Paul
He left home at an early
age to work and through
that time they only got
one postcard from him and 
then that was it. 


Great Granny's 
resting place.


This is great granny's mom, my
great, great granny.


My great granny lost her hubs 
in his 30's. He died from 
his Appendicitis.
The poison moved through
his body, killing him.
Great granny raised the four 
boys with the help of
her two sisters, Great granny's
two sisters  
never married, and she
never remarried. 

I was very lucky to have
known my great granny on
moms side as well as her
sisters. 

How far can you go back
knowing family members?
Pam










Comments

Marie Smith said…
Those old photos are precious!
Christine said…
How great to know of your ancestors and to have their photos
Liz A. said…
I knew my mother's mother's mother. GramMavis taught me to knit. That's the oldest member of the family I knew.
Ann said…
Aside from my great grandmother I also knew two of my mothers aunts and one of her uncles.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom