Washed Out Look and Ivory Shirts

 I ran in Hobby Lobby today
and walked around looking
at things. 

I noticed a theme in art work...
a washed out look, 
no pops of color.







Can't really decide on how
I feel about this.
I sort of like but then 
I like a pop of color also...
just not sure. 

On another note, I don't like
white. Not a fan of white walls,
cabinets or back splashes.
I don't like wearing white either. 
I like off white, ivory and even 
colors that lean to a light
beige. With that said, it has
been YEARS since I have
been able to find ivory or
off white shirts in the stores.
Yesterday I was in Penney's to 
pay my bill and WOW, ivory
shirts all over. I had to stop
at Wally World also and they
even had ivory shirts.
I love it.
 

Do you tend to prefer certain 
colors in what you wear and 
decorate with?
When decorating do you
like pops of color or
the above washed out look?

Pam







Comments

Christine said…
I realize I do like to paint with neutrals but I do love colour at the same time. So maybe a mix.
Jeanie said…
Interesting about the washed out look. I'm a pretty full color person. I suppose all those could work in the right place -- but not my place.
Red Rose Alley said…
I don't mind white walls, but I don't like all white home decor. I have to have a bit of color in the rooms to make it feel cozy and comfortable. But I do like some pictures with all white as an accent color, like that Wintery scene with the trees and the white blossom tree you saw at Hobby Lobby. They are really pretty. Oh, I miss shopping there, as we don't have one up here in the mountains. Have to drive about 50 minutes there. Did you buy anything?

~Sheri
Sandee said…
I have white walls and our backsplash is a beige color. My color comes from other places so I can change the look with them. Paintings, flowers and the like. You'd hate my home. It's good that we all have what we like.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Ann said…
I really like that first painting.
When it came to my house for years I had different colors in each room Then I decided I wanted antique white on all the walls. I still have rooms upstairs that need painted but I like the antique white for the walls and I can add color with small accessories that I can easily change out.
As for clothes, I normally go for blue or black.
Marie Smith said…
I am not a fan of white walls etc. pops of colour for me for sure.
I don't dislike the washed out look, but it's nice to have colour in places too.

All the best Jan
Hobby Lobby has lots of colorful things but paintings aren't one of them these days.
Liz A. said…
Maybe the washed out look is a snowy January thing? I don't know. I think neutrals are big right now. This too shall pass.

When I was a teen I had my colors done, so I stick with the "autumn" shades. It seems to work for me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom