Found Memories in Moms Pics

 I had a couple of 
photo albums that still
had pics in there, that
mom had. I had just sat them
back when mom past
and the other day I went 
through them.

This is my dad on 
the left, in Ghost
Town Calif.
He was stationed 
in San Diego at the time.

My mom and older brother
in Tombstone Az. 
My guess, this was taken  on 
a trip from Calif to Georgia
visit family. 

Before I was born of course.

Speaking of me...
my older brother and I 
in Calif.

WOW....I have NO CLUE
how my dad got me to 
hold this thing!
I don't do fishy smelling
fish.

I forgot this pic even existed.

The pic below is of 
Wendy. She was the little
girl that lived next
door to me, that I babysat with
and spent a lot of my time with.
Wendy of course is turning
49 or 50 this Sept.
Yes, she is still part of 
my life.


Who is Tom Biggers?

Well, Tom was my great 
uncle. My moms uncle on 
her dads side. 


Tom was a local newspaper
reporter/writer
for Cedartown, Georgia. 
He also taught little league
baseball.
The field is named after him
in Cedartown. 
One day, while on the field to 
teach the league, he was
instructing the kids,
he turned and kids were tossing
the ball, one did not realize my
great uncle was standing there,
he threw the ball, hit Tom 
in the back of the head
at the base of the skull.
Tom took two steps and 
fell over dead. 
I hate to think of what
emotions that child lived
with after that. 

I remember my great uncle
always passing out 
1/2 dollar pieces to us
when we visited. 
Sometimes he would hide them outside
my great grannies house for 
us to look for. 
I still have contact with 
his daughter and granddaughter 
via FB. His daughter runs
a Merle Norman store in 
Cedartown and her and 
her hubs has a local 
radio station. 

I love found memories.
Now I need to start going through
mom and my pictures to 
local pics of my younger
brother who will be turning 
60 in June. 
Party time and pics
of him on a video.

Do you have older pics
of family members that you 
remember from you childhood
or teens?

Pam




Comments

Rain said…
Hey Pam! :) Nice to go down memory lane! I only have a few photos of me as a kid, when I left that dysfunctional family, I left the photos behind too, no need for those memories! :)
Christine said…
Lovely memories!
Liz A. said…
Looking through old pictures is bittersweet. Can be sad. Can be funny. Can be fun. Take your time with it, and let whatever emotions that come up breathe.
Sandee said…
What fun shots of you and your family. Good looking family too.

So sad about Tom. That poor kid.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Ann said…
Always fun to go through old photos. You never know what memories they'll bring back. I wish I had some of the pictures my dad had. Unfortunately they were all lost when my brothers house burnt down.
Looking at old photos is fun and so are the memories!
Marie Smith said…
A great walk down memory lane, Pam!
Darla M Sands said…
That one of your father made me do a doubletake. lol Thank you for sharing these memories. Be well, my dear.
Jeanie said…
I've been going through tons of photo albums, scanning and photographing photos, sending the originals to people who might want them. They tell such a lot of a time -- memories, of course, but also of the culture and places. It would be such fun to ask about some of them.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom