100 Years, Barbie, Memories, Backsplash and Me, Doing what I do


Liz over at 
https://lawsofgravity.blogspot.com/
posted this comment on 
the 20's themed wedding.

The 1920s were 100 years ago!
WOW...I did not even think
about that!!
I love that era, I love the music,
the flapper dresses...
Think about this, women got
up and dressed in dresses
and hose, pearls, did their
hair and makeup everyday...
They did not leave the house
looking as I do some days!
Although, dressed like I was, 
I am sure it would have been 
a sight to anyone who saw
me headed to the barn to feed!

Saw this on FB..
What Barbie will look like
at 85.
HAHA
However, Barbie was born
the yr before me. In 1959,
making her...
OLD!

Here is the history of Barbie~

HISTORY

  • Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
  • Barbie was named after Ruth Handler’s daughter, Barbara, and Ken after her son, Kenneth.
  • She is from (fictional) Willows, Wisconsin, where she attended high school.
  • Barbie’s official birthday is March 9, 1959, the day she was unveiled to the toy industry during New York Toy Fair.
  • Barbie first appeared in her iconic black-and-white striped swimsuit.
  • Barbie was joined by Ken in 1961.
  • The first Barbie doll was sold for $3.00.
  • The first Barbie commercial aired during the Mickey Mouse Club in 1959.
  • Barbie doll’s signature color is Barbie Pink (PMS 219).
  • Barbie stands 11.5 inches tall.
  • The best-selling Barbie doll ever was 1992 Totally Hair™ Barbie, which featured floor-length hair.
            Years ago while living on the base in Fort Campbell Ky. one of the
            local stores was doing a thing where you could turn in an old
           Barbie and for a couple extra bucks get a new one. That is where
           my oldest Barbie went. 

I owned and still do several different
Barbies and a couple of Ken's
I had Midge, Skipper and Frances.
My mom sewed and I use to 
think I was the odd one out cause
all my Barbie clothes were 
handmade and I never
had those cool store bought
dresses. Little did I know,
I had something special other
girls did not. I still have 
those clothes.

Did I ever tell you that I used
to play Barbies on the porch
of the house three doors up?
On the porch and with the
daughter of the
singer of Satin Sheets,
Jeanne Pruett?
I have not seen Jael since the 
70's when mom made it big
and moved to the songwriter/
singer part of Nashville. 
I however, am friends with 
Jeanne Pruetts son, Jack
here on FB. He is not in the best
of health and a few yrs back
when Chris and I dated and 
raced go carts on his property,
that I saw Jack when he gave
me two go carts. 
Funny how certain things bring
back amazing memories. 

You know, I am doing changes 
here and there. I hate that
it takes me so long to get
things done. Been at it for
about four weeks and crap
is still out of place. 
With that said, I love this
pattern.
 
Peel and stick back splash. 
LOVE ....
but staying away from 
the kitchen till I decide
what I am doing there. 

During the 20s wedding and
me doing the behind the scenes
pics, little did I know
I was going to be the 
butt of a photo...

haha






Did not know that Julie
was doing some behind
the scene pics also.
Esp ones involving me.

Hard to tell but if you look
at the back on my head 
you might be able to
tell that my hair was rolled
up and bobby penned in place.
It was a tad hard since my
hair is just barely enough to 
roll up like that.
That is a 20's style I found
on Pinterest.

If you have not realized
I love a reason to 
dress up and
do makeup and hair.
I love Halloween for
that reason!

Have a great day,
Pam








 


Comments

Darla M Sands said…
You sure rocked the look! ~hugs~ My mom wasn't especially handy with needle and thread, but her artistic ability provided me with an awesome Matchbox car play set. She made it out of cardboard (!) and as I recall the model included a parking garage and gas station. Hard to remember for sure. I never lamented not owning the plastic stuff touted on commercials. :) Too bad that disappeared somewhere along the way (?) and we took so few pictures back then.
Christine said…
wow the 20's were a hundred years ago, wow. Yes, I am old Barbie's age haha.
Sandee said…
I had one Barbie in my life. I just wasn't a doll person. My granddaughter was though and I bought her whatever she wanted.

I love the roaring 20s too. What a time it was.

Love the shots of you. I love your set up of that shot too. Those flowers a beautiful.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Oh girl...I am laughing at the butt picture but I am thinking...DANG look at her get on that floor like that. You are pro for sure! LOL! Always loved me a Barbie and love it that my grandgirlies loved them too. Stay cool. This heat is wicked. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Liz A. said…
I wish Mattel would make an old Barbie. Nothing wrong with age :)

Great that you get caught in behind-the-scenes photos, too.
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh my gosh, that 85 year old Barbie freaks me out. Playing with Barbie's was one of my favorite things to do as a kid. I only had one, but my neighbor had lots, so we would play over her house and use the clothes and accessories. I still have her today haha. Yes, I remember Midge! My sister had a Midge doll. It was nice to hear that all your Barbie clothes were handmade cause mine were too!

You go above and beyond to a photo shoot at a wedding, Pam. That's awesome!

I hope the August days bring you much goodness.

Sheri
Ann said…
My mother made my Barbie clothes too. Mine are long gone. I wish I would have saved some of the toys I had when I was a kid
Barbie sure was popular, now there's dozens of her!
Barbie at 85 is quite a site! She was a favorite of mine too growing up. That is a great photo of you on the floor. A true photographer is not afraid to get down and dirty! That peel and stick backsplash looks like the real deal. It is amazing the products that are available today.
The Flintstone and Rebel are about the same age.
Coffee is on and stay
Jeanette said…
I played with Barbies all the ime when I was a kid. I used to make clothes for them our of kleenex! I still have both Barbies and one dress.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom