Class Reunion of 1980/81 - Young Whipper Snappers

Hanging outside the 
Hermitage Golf Course 
club house. 

I am gong to spare you by not 
posting a lot of pics
of folks you will not 
even know but I will
post some.

But first the most important
pics is of 
FOOD!

This was the Mac and Cheese bar.


I did not try that but only
cause after eating a bite
of this and that, I
could not hold it.
Looks amazing though.

Roast.
YUM.


This was a ham and 
biscuit.


Spinach cheese dip.


Now, this would take
more work than I would 
be willing to give but
that is a slice of potatoe
wrapped in bacon.
IT WAS
AMAZING!


And the cheese plate
speaks for itself.


This is Mike. He grew up, up the 
street from me. He took over
the family buisness of 
plumbing. I posted this
pic to tell you that although
the name tag says 
Ken Overby,
that is not KEN.


This is Ken and his tag
says Mike Gregory.


Boys will be boys.

This is the class of 80...
the ones that came.
My brother is a class
of 80 but he didn't wish
to attend the 40th.


Not the best pic cause
where they wanted to take
pics the table was in the
way but we did what we could.
Class of 1981.


The middle school has a room
down where the band room used
to be that is deicated to DuPont 
stuff. So when you have a reunion
you are allowed to borrow the
stuff for decor.
Like the big red
BULLDOG.
Oh, we were the DuPont
Bulldogs!
Our colors, if you have not
figured out are
red and white.


Anyway, that is Clay Smith with the 
bulldog. Clay actually graduated
with me in 78.
But the Old Hickory Boys
were there for the reunion 
to play.

The bulldog is guarding the 
tip jar.

I just liked this pic.


This gentleman is 
Mr. Myatt.
I am not sure of his age but
Mr. Myatt was teaching 
at the senior high when I went
there. He is now totally blind. 


But he was at the reunion and he
was having a great time.


Can you tell yet who
the class of 81 clown was?
Mike....this is him dancing
with another classmate 
while they were being silly 
only to shake his head when
he saw me taking pics.


Back to the band...only cause
this is the order in which
the pics were taken..
The hands of Larry Carney, 
class of 78 also.

The booze was flowing
and folks were having
a great time.


Oops...can you tell I was getting
around. There were a lot
of shots between Larry's
hands and this pic of the 
band and ....sorry
I did not get her name
and I do not know her.


I pulled a rose off the table,
and put it in Larry's mouth.
He always has the best smile.
Never much to say but
he will smile and smile.


Since I had two roses I then pulled 
Barry into the mix.


Bulldog kissing on 
Donnie. 
I was not aware Donnie
was a DuPonter until this
night, but I worked
at the blind school with him.


So anyway, it seems like everyone
had a blast. I took a lot
of candid pics but like I 
said, sparing you the boredom. 

Now back to the roses...
when the group played the
boat dock below the house
they always had the tip jar out.
It was just too much fun for
me and I had a hard time
leaving things alone, so I 
would pull some dollars
out of my wallet and 
go and place them in 
the tops of Barry (not the one
above) and Clays pants.
At one time I took up 
dollars from the group and 
the guys were covered. 
I am not sure how they
cont to play and sing 
while this went on but
they never skipped a beat...
I had no bucks on me at
the reunion so roses
were the next best thing.

Are you surprised?
Didn't think so,
Pam

ps...when it was announced that
I was doing the pics I 
had a group in the back
(not sure who) that busted
out clapping!
HAHA....
and true to who I am,
I stepped up and bowed
telling them thank you!

 

Comments

Martha said…
What a fantastic reunion and the food is really impressive. I'm so glad you had a good time!
Sandee said…
What a fun reunion and the food looks fabulous. I always gravitate to the food.

I'm glad you had such a good time and I wasn't surprised that you were the photographer.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Christine said…
Fun reunion!
That does look like a fun time but now I'm really hungry!
Liz A. said…
Do those classes have an FB page? I bet they would love the pics posted there as well.
Great pictures, it certainly looks a fun reunion.

All the best Jan
I also came from class of 78. I haven't been to all my class reunion only some.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Ann said…
Looks like a lot of fun. I graduated in 80. I haven't been to a reunion since my 10th.
Darla M Sands said…
You, my dear, bring humor and humanity to every outing. :) Be well!
Pradeep Nair said…
Of course, I don't know any of them in the photos, but those pictures made me smile a lot :-) ... What fun, I can imagine. We also do get together, of course, we are waiting for the pandemic air to clear! With many social media platforms, it's now easy to connect with one another.
Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom