Cake, Bonfire, Deck Life and Namath

 


It went over well.
Everyone seemed 
to 


the cake. 
Although, it still did not 
win out (in my eyes)
over the Blueberry Bomb. 

The bonfire and being able
to visit with folks was
really nice. 



One minute I look over
and Nancy has this glow 
ring around her neck.
Next time I look, it is on 
her head, the next she was
wearing it around the neck
and she had earrings!


AWESOME.

The other evening the furs
and I hung on the deck.


I love spring on the deck but
the pollen in the air is
not always that nice to my system.
I seem to be battling the 
pollen, the rain and 
whiplash of the neck and 
head lately. Still doing
my neck exercise for the 
whiplash but nothings seems
to work much anymore. 
I have read that whiplash is
hard to heal once those
muscles in the upper back/shoulders
and neck are affected. I feel 
that probably the fibro
makes my healing worse.
But....I push through.

Saturday morning I assisted in 
another wedding. WOW....the 
weddings at the venue have
really been picking up, folks
trying to make up for 
last yr. 

I took some behind the 
scenes pics since the 
couple had a photographer.

Most couples at the venue 
that I have attended
usually take the cupcake
eating part slow and uneventful.
This couple got into it.



haha...

Saturday afternoon Namath (youngest
son of my son in law)
was in a ballgame when 
he got hit in the back of the neck. 
He past out and he could not
feel his hands. Later the feeling
came back but the hospital 
was concerned. After a CAT scan
and X-rays it was deemed
that Namath was okay. 
After he was able to eat and drink
something, keeping it down,
he was sent home. 
Few weeks ago it was Braden
and the fracture to the thumb 
now Namath. 
Kids sports can be rough.


Cloudy this morn (Sunday) but
now the rain has moved in.
Storms possible off and on
all day today. I am going to chill
all day and watch movies. 
I told Amber and the boys to
not come over with the 
storms and rain all day and
its over an hour drive. 
They all wished me a 
Happy Mothers day on 
the phone and that is 
all I need.

Hoping you had a great
Moms Day.

Pam











Comments

Sandee said…
Love that heart strawberry and the bonfire is always fun. Haven't done that in years.

Love the cupcake exchange. Some folks are ever so nice about it and some really get into getting that all over the other ones face.

Your deck looks ever so inviting.

Yikes on the sports injuries. It's the way of sports. I'm glad it was nothing serious. He's most handsome by the way.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to all your furbabes. ♥
Rhodesia said…
Ball sports as well as other sports have issues. Mine was horse riding with a collection of broken bones, including my back, but I always returned to it until I got married and it was too expensive!
Keep well. you have so much more freedom than what we have here. I will be so happy when we are able again to go out for a meal apart from anything else.
Take care and look after that whiplash. Diane
Sandy said…
I am happy that you popped over to my blog. I will do the same over here. Nice to meet you. Glad Namath is all good. That can be scary. The strawberry cake looks delicious to me.
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about Namath, that's awful. I hope he heals quickly. Your deck looks charming, and sitting out there with your pets sounds nice. That bonfire hit home for me, as we had a small fire in the mountains recently. Thankfully, it was put out quickly, but I always fear they will get out of control. That cake looks YUMMY!

Have a good week, Pam.

~Sheri
Ann said…
Cool heart shaped strawberry.
I would love to have a covered deck. I would definitely spend more time on it if I did.
That couple is having fun with the cupcakes
Glad to hear Namath is ok. There were a few close calls for my son when he was playing ball.
Liz A. said…
Ouch. Glad Namath is okay.
Darla M Sands said…
I am soooo glad he recovered. Let's hope the injury doesn't have later repercussions. You have to deal with enough of those yourself. ~hugs~ I'm glad you're hanging in there and pushing forward but hope you get some real relief eventually. Take care, my dear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom