Kudos to Dad - The Note

I saw some boys playing 
up in the back yard
on Friday.
They were actually 
between my house
and the neighbors. 
There is a concreted
ditch up there. I have 
no issues
with them being up 
there, or
even cutting through 
my yard.
HOWEVER,
(yep, that word is 
sort of like
the BUT you hear 
when folks
are telling you 
something)!!
ANYWAY, 
Saturday morning 
when I was
headed out I walked 
to the 
mailbox. Once 
getting to the 
mailbox I noticed 
that my 
concrete planter 
that sats on my
concreted block 
thingy that sats
at the end of the 
drive, (no clue
what they are called) 
was turned
upside down in the ditch. 
Plus, I had taken 
my carpet out
of the back of my 
car (truck area) 
to hang on the fence 
so the rain could
wash it clean. The 
boys (my boys)
had spilled something 
on it. 
That was also in 
the ditch.
A little further down 
the ditch
was pallet wood 
that I had
in the drive way, 
up next
to the house. 

What would you 
have done?

The back story is, 
the family
has only been living in the 
house across the 
street for a 
few months. I had 
never met them
but I have been 
wanting to yell
a hello if I ever so 
them out.
The children are all 
I have seen.

I would have 
normally picked
up the pallet wood
and my carpet but I could not
lift the concrete planter. 

Once I returned from 
the wedding,
I decided to truck over and 
knocked on the door. 
A young man, maybe 
30 or so...
can't believe I am 
at the age
I consider someone in their
30's that they are 
YOUNG. 
CRAP...

Anyway I introduced 
myself and then
I told him that I did 
not want to be
one of those neighbors 
but here
is what has happened. 
I told him I had
no issues with them being
in the yard, I would 
have cleaned 
things up but I could not 
pick up the planter. 

He was very sorry and 
he got right
on it. I did not want
 the boy
to get in trouble but 
I needed
that planter picked up. 
However,
on the way across the 
street, I stopped
to talk to Peggy 
(neighbor) who
was out walking. 
Here comes the
boy. He told me 
he was really
sorry and he cleaned 
things up.
I helped set the 
planter back
in place. Later I 
was sitting in 
the living room when 
there was 
a knock on the door.
It was Aaron, the 
little boy, 
he is ten and he had
this letter he gave me.

Kudos to dad and I am 
happy now
that I went over there. 
I think Aaron and 
I will be friends from 
here on out. 
I think he is a good kid and I 
see why. 
Awesome to meet a 
young parent
that don't just mouth 
that they
will do something but 
really do it.

UPDATE- I wrote this
blog over a week 
ago, since then I have
seen that dad hung 
a tire swing in the
backyard and another
day he was out there
pushing Arron. 

Pam

Comments

Sandee said…
You've got some good neighbors across the street and he's a good dad. You and Aaron are going to be good friends.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to all the furbabes. ♥
That does sound like a good Dad!
Christine said…
Good you spike to them it worked out beautifully.
Ann Thompson said…
It's nice to hear about parents who make their kids take responsibility for their actions. These days far too many parents will just say it wasn't their kid who did it
Rhodesia said…
That sounds really good and you did the right thing. I am happy to hear people still believe in sorry letters. Take care Diane
Liz A. said…
Glad they were able to set that to rights.
Darla M Sands said…
It's so nice to have good neighbors. :) And they're lucky to have you. Be well!
Now that was a wonderful outcome!
Martha said…
It is sure nice to see a parent who takes responsibility for their child and teaches them right from wrong. It's rare these days!
My thoughts are like Martha's, nice to see a parent who takes responsibility for their child and teaches them right from wrong.

All the best Jan
Nance said…
That could have gone all sorts of sideways, but it didn't, due in large part to you being calm and neighborly instead of nasty and confrontational. You set a good tone, and the father was likely grateful for a chance to make amends and be a good neighbor. Well done.
Granny Marigold said…
It's nice to know that little tale had a very satisfactory ending.
Debbie said…
what a nice outcome due to everyones actions and respect!! it sounds like arron has a wonderful dad!!
sheila 77 said…
This was a great story and so good that it had a happy ending. It would have been quite difficult to go across and speak to the dad but it worked out well in the end. Good for you.
Jeanie said…
Well done, Aaron! You all did just the right things!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom