Amazing Painting, Door, Stripping, Painting Crafts, and Boxes

 I was scrolling through PINTEREST today and found this.




BEAUTIFUL.
So real looking.
Amazing. 
I love it.

I also saw something else but this
was on FB.
I follow a page called

An Okie Girls Favorites and Friends

https://www.facebook.com/groups/457467191337917/

This is what was posted on that page.

BEAUTIFUL...

So today I was in the garage 
STRIPPING.

You read that right, I was stripping.
I still have not finished the antique
sewing machine cabinet I am doing
for a friend. This fall and winter has
been really hard on my body. 
However, today I was going to work
on it come heck or high water.

I moved it out into the driveway only
my stripper was getting to CoLd!
BRRR.....it was cold out there.
So I pulled it back in the garage but
left the door open for more light.
I worked for a few hours but I 
was so cold that when I came up
to feed the furs, I decided I had 
enough of that for the day. 

After feeding though I went to the 
craftroom and decided to do 
something. Back a couple months
ago I borrowed a stool from 
James and Julie at Tn. Tiny
Weddings for a shoot I wanted
to do. Shoot did not work out
the way I wanted so I gave up 
on that, forgetting to take the stool
back. Today while stripping I 
decided that I had to make it pretty
before taking home.....cause believe
me, it was UGLY. It was painted white.
A dirty white from being out in the 
James garage. It had places where 
it had been peeling before it was painted
white but I was not going to sand and
give it lots of love. It needed to look
rustic for the venue anyway.

Slapped some paint on the top.
Then I put Tn. Tiny Weddings
across the top.
But it needed more.


There again, keeping a rustic unfinished 
look and not spending hours on it I 
did a hit and miss on the legs.


I liked it. Posted on FB and Julie
had a fit over it. 
But after cleaning brushes and 
stuff I decided it needed more.
So I did the pattern down one
leg.

I will seal it so that it will hold up better. 

Next, I had picked up these cute little boxes at Dollar Tree.


My youngest grands are not sharing a room anymore
so I thought they would like a special box
for their room to put their small
treasures in. 
D for Dustin
B for Braden

I stayed cold all day after being in the 
garage so finally I gave it up and 
took a hot bath. That helped so much.
Today is also Friday and our temps are
dropping to 26 tonight. Tomorrow will be
49 but sunny. Then Sunday, here comes the
rain again. Had rain come in two days
ago and it put me down and out, hoping
that Sunday is not like that. 
I really need to get the stripping done,
get it stained and sealed. 
And of course, DUH, that would
be me, did not take any pics before. 
But I will take pics once stripped.
then some of it finished. 

Have you been working on any projects?
I know Ann 
https://annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com/
has. Love her placemat/ cookie sheet projects.
SO CUTE.

Here is your smile for the day, 
pic taken from PINTEREST.



Take care,
Pam



Comments

That stool is really pretty but keep warm while you're out they stripping in the driveway!
Liz A. said…
I hope it was a good fit Julie threw on FB... I mean, she could have hated it ;)

My projects? Check my blog on Monday to see what I've been working on :)

Ann said…
I was going to ask if you got cold out there in the garage while you were stripping...lol
Darla M Sands said…
Maybe you should get an electric space heater. Getting a deep chill must play havoc with chronic pain. ~hugs~ That stool is amazing. You're so gifted. Thank you for sharing with friends, family, and the blogging community. :) Be well, my dear.
What an adorable stool! So stinking cute. LOVING the meme. Made me smile! Hugs and blessings to you dear Pam.
Cindy
Jeanie said…
I love the idea of a special box for each of the kids. I picked up m y paint brush for the first time in ages and it sure felt good!
BeachGypsy said…
Hi there Pam , you did a great job on that stool......that's gorgeous! You rock, girlfriend!!---always making something so cool and/or taking something old and making it amazing. I love seeing your stuff. How was your weekend and hope your week has started off well and you are feeling better. I had a rough weekend but maybe am feeling better late tonight. Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom