Look A Like Actresses, and Primm Springs Resort

 Since COVID I have been watching some older shows, like Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote, Magnum PI and movies. When I watch one of those shows and I see a young star that was starting out I look them up to see what they are and what they are doing now. The past few days I have been watching Halloween Movies. Last night the Addams Family was on so I went to the internet and looked up the cast. I go to each person and read about them. So when I clicked on Christina Ricci whom played Wednesday Addams, this pic popped up. 


Another actress popped into my mind. Cause this pic of Ricci reminded me of someone else. 
Do you remember Barbara Feldon on Get Smart? I thought of her right off the bat. 
Just showed my age right?
Anyway don't they favor so much?


Oh my.....age, age, age......

Saturday when I took the boys home Amber took me out to a place she had been telling me about. It is called Primm Springs Resort and Hotel in Hickman County TN. The hotel was est. in the mid 1930's as a water spa, the springs were said to have healing properties. 
 The resort/hotel/water spa closed down in 1961. It has sat there since. You can read about it here. 

https://sharetngov.tnsosfiles.com/tsla/exhibits/tnresorts/spring_histories.htm

The property is closed off by fencing but at some point someone has cut into the fence and there are no No Trespassing signs, yep, you know it, that was an open invite to me. Such a bad influence for my daughter who followed me in. This was right up my alley!!!


But....I did not go in. The place is in such a shape that I would not step in there at all for fear of going through the floor.



PLUS....I watch enough Ghost Adventures to not take the chance that SOMETHING might attach to me and follow me home. It was funny cause I told Amber that I would let her know if any orbs showed up in the pics. Joking of course, normally with digital camera you don't get a lot of orbs. The first pic I posted has them cause of the sun. I shot the pic that way with the sun shining over the roof cause I thought it looked cool....Orbs with shooting into the sun is a given. However the pic below, I was not shooting into the sun. 

And there is an orb.
To the left of the pic, right off the porch. Light green....


Do you see it?



Amber was shocked to see how the house was made to be up off the ground. I am thinking she had never seen this before but I always have to say that Amber is not as adventurous as her mom, or as OLD. 
HAHA 




The well house.


This is the deepest part of the springs so we figure this is where they did the healing dips!

Other cabins built next to the hotel.



This made my day. I would have LOVED to have gone in but I was not trusting those floors, plus I was where I was not supposed to be. 

LOVE IT...
Pam



Comments

Jeanie said…
I laughed when I read the beginning of this. I've been doing the same thing and I look them up, too! Diagnosis Murder -- when I watched it the first time I thought Barry Van Dyke was such a hunk and now I watch it these years later and think, "Gee, I'd like to date Dick Van Dyke -- he's so handsome!"
Sandee said…
I wouldn't have gone in either. Great way to break a leg or worse. I do love snooping around and learning about old places.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to all the babes. ♥
We've been watching older programs too, the new ones smell pretty bad.
Liz A. said…
I have IMDb on my phone just so I can look up various actors when I know I know them from someplace.

I wouldn't have gone into the hotel either. Doesn't look safe. But the pics of the outside are great.
Ann said…
I love all those old shows. I do remember both of those actresses. It's interesting to see what they are doing now.
That looks like an interesting place to explore.
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, wow! I would have loved to scout around this place, and with you in particular I bet it would have been fun. While my husband is not adventurous and too much of a virtual boy scout to ignore signs, this is the sort of thing my one brother would have done with me. Good times. And no, I don't mean to mess with you. :) Things have gotten a little crazy around here. Be well!
Rhodesia said…
What an interesting place and you have captured it so well. I would also like to go in but it does not look that safe balanced on a few rocks!!

Keep well and stay safe, Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom